The Clomid Crew - Part 2

(1000 Posts)
goldengirl71 Tue 20-Nov-12 14:33:17

"Come on, ovaries! Let's get this party started, yeah?!"

aaLaa Mon 18-Mar-13 18:29:12

Maybe there is hope for me yet!! They are not going to scan again,

I'd've had 3 cycles, they were 28 days, 25days then 52 days!!

Great news meluv on ovulation, hope your next week or so goes quickly!!

Meluv Mon 18-Mar-13 19:12:32

Thanks alaa Hun I hope it does go quick an I hope the news at the end is good too but I can never see myself getting bfp somehow .. Good luck to u lovely as well xxx

Annalou84 Mon 18-Mar-13 19:25:59

The trying to conceive business it's rubbish if gets harder every month I just don't understand how some people can fall pregnant at a drop of a hat and others don't its just so unfair and I feel like giving up and just getting on with my life as you always put stuff on hold In case it happens and it doesn't

Floweroct Mon 18-Mar-13 20:33:40

Congrats Alex that's fab!

I've got my first nhs referral appt tomorrow, I was put on clomid privately so hopefully now I won't have to pay for it myself!

I'm really worried how I'm going to cope if I get bfn this month sad

Meluv Mon 18-Mar-13 21:20:58

Anna u r so right lovely in all you are saying some girls i no r pregnant year after year and have 6 children an 5 children its so hard an unfair but I guess it the dice of life lovely is that r not that fortunate have to go on trying and don't giwve up lovely .. It hurts so much getting that bfn every month but r turn will come clomid does work look how many positives we have had on hear this thread always hear luv big hugs xxx

Annalou84 Mon 18-Mar-13 21:39:28

Thanks meluv I know your right I think as well I haven't got anyone around me apart from my hubby who I talk to about all this. The hard thing is knowing I was on clomid and it felt like I was doing something but being told I can't have it until I lose the weight is horrible as there is nothing I can do. The weight is coming off slowly no matter how good I am being. It's like I've had the start I needed now its been taken away and in how ever long it takes to lose the weight I will be starting all over again sad xx

Meluv Tue 19-Mar-13 06:34:09

Annalou I always hear if u need a chat lovely what dose were u in last time and who was prescribing you with it then I can't remember jog my memory Hun xx I struggle with my weight so I no what it's like am still at my swimming xxx

Annalou84 Tue 19-Mar-13 07:32:57

I got clomid from my gp I had 1x50mg and 2x100mg

mumalah Tue 19-Mar-13 08:22:59

Hi everyone, fantastic news Alex!!
I have had 2 days of positive opk 's but no temperture shift to suggest ovulation, does anyone know what this is? I still have crampy pains, which i normally get around ovulation. I'm not being monitored so no scans or bloods. I'm on cd14, but didnt ovulate till cd19 last month. Completely confused confused!!

mumalah Tue 19-Mar-13 08:24:42

Calibee Did you have your thyroid blood results back? Mine came back clear, just thought i'd ask!

CaliBee Tue 19-Mar-13 13:34:54

Mine too mumalah....all clear. I have however called the clinic again this morning and asked if i should start my provera. They said not until at least day 30 and a bfn.
I do have tender ovaries though ...but have done for a week or so on and off. Also pinching pains...anybody else get this.

Meluv Tue 19-Mar-13 15:25:32

Anna have u been back to your docs to see if they will give u another try on the clomid luv it's worth a go if u haven't or is there not another clinic near u an see if there criteria is different I feel for u so much luv wish I could help xxx mumalh some people say clomid plays around with opk so I don't use them lovely or do my temps I just could not take that added pressure I hope u ovulate an get lucky xxx calibee what r provera for if u don't mind me asking luv ? And am happy for u both that your bloods came back clear good luck all ... An still in that horrid waiting period am either cd 24 or 25 don't hold a lot of hope though I've done all I can this cycle the rest is down to Mother Nature herself now for me big hugs an good luck girls xxx

Annalou84 Tue 19-Mar-13 19:50:04

Hi meluv yeah I went back and there is nothing they can do unroll I get referred once I have lost the weight. I don't want to go from clinic to clinic to be disappointed again.

CaliBee Wed 20-Mar-13 07:29:02

meluv Provera is taken to end a cycle. Its basically progesterone and is taken for about a week. Afew days later af arrives....thats the theory anyway. I had to take it to start my first clomid round as my cycles were up to 50 days long and I dont have time to waste lol.

mumalah Wed 20-Mar-13 08:24:00

Cailabee My ovaries have been ultra tender this month too, I noticed this on my first cycle too. Like you say, its like a constant pinching pain,both sides.I have had more hot flushes this month too.

CaliBee Wed 20-Mar-13 13:09:02

Thats it mumalah. Are you on cycle 2? Cm has all but dried up...wish i could just relax about it.

mumalah Wed 20-Mar-13 16:37:06

Im on 5th cycle , cd14, another positive opk , so gonna swi tonight , ive been taking evening of primrose to see if it increases cm. its definatly the clomid because when I missed last month cm was normal! Wish I could relax about the whole thing, i,m sure that that and bad timing dtd has got alot to do with it !

aaLaa Wed 20-Mar-13 17:23:08

Brilliant about the positive opk mumalah, fingers crossed you catch it tonight??

What time do you do your opk's?? Does it matter?? I have never had any success with them but I'm trying to keep going with them this month!!

mumalah Thu 21-Mar-13 10:14:04

Hi aaLaa I test about 2pm and limit liquids for about two hrs before. its very difficult to establish a positive result though. I thought i had positives on cd13 and 14 but looking at yesterdays, yesterdays was definatly a positive out of all three. Might test again today just to see what happens! Yesterday I somehow managed to pull a muscle in my inner thigh getting out of the car yesterday, but I was determined not to miss that golden egg, so dtd in absolute bloody agony, the things we do! Don't know if evening of primrose was responsible but no preseed was required! My temperture has started to rise this morning too, so all good so far.

Meluv Thu 21-Mar-13 13:01:46

Well girls am off for an appointment with my consultant today got a lot to ask an want a lot of answers as the Furt nurse I normally see seems not to be very educated on fertility confused so today I am about to speak up for myself don't care if she is there it not I've paid for treatment and she is rubbish for advise an direction will let use all no how I get on big hugs all x

Floweroct Thu 21-Mar-13 13:33:10

Hope you get on ok meluv smile

Meluv Thu 21-Mar-13 21:07:33

Well girls I came away from seeing my consultant a very happy girl I wish it was him I seem all the time even for scans well my wish came true I will be seen by him he will make exceptions for me and I will be scanned in future by him not only that but he then gave me my whole treatment which I paid for for free again if the dreaded af shows its ugly face which I am so happy about cause I did not have a spare £380 to pay for 3 months of clomid treatment again so glad he listened to all my complaints and he believes me in all I said about a certain staff member it's so nice to no I've been listened too properly ... My plan is if af shows up am going to have a lil break till may off clomid then back on it then as he said your body can become used to the drug and the effects r not as good so he wants a lil break get it all out my system then right back on it he is happy am responding to clomid and it regulated my cycles out average 31 to 34days all In all am one happy girlie xxx thanks flower too x

mumalah Fri 22-Mar-13 06:41:34

Meluv Well done for standing up for yourself! I have an appointment in May if a miracle doesn't,happen after 6 rounds of clomid. I think they will say they cant do anything else for me, so I too will have to speak up for myself , which I am dreading. I too saw different consultants, and each one had different views, and different ways of carrying out their clinics. Good luck!xxx

Meluv Fri 22-Mar-13 11:24:58

Well girls today I've been admitted to hospital I've had pains in my upper tummy since 2am this morn what a nightmare mumalh speak up for yourself lovely as no one else will they should offer u iui after your clomid is over or may be even Ivf don't no what I will do if a miricale don't happen on clomid as I already have 1 ds so have to pay an right now I could not afford Ivf or iui good luck girls an big Hugs x

aaLaa Fri 22-Mar-13 18:22:23

Oh dear meluv, hope are you ok?? Have you been kept in??

This thread is not accepting new messages.