Trying to conceive after mc? Pregnant after MC and seeking somewhere safe to hide? Recently graduated from the mosh pit? Come on down to the mosh pit for some serious metalling and cake part 4

(985 Posts)
Jollyb Tue 06-Nov-12 18:04:38

I've started the new thread - how exciting!!

I hope this thread will bring lots of BFPs, good scan results and healthy new arrivals.

Dorita75 Thu 21-Feb-13 08:23:38

Evergrowing boobs and belly, good signs redbirdgrin Sound like Willy Wonker's maternity clinic!

HJBeans Thu 21-Feb-13 09:06:49

Sorry you're having to go through this wait, pixie. I think most of us have been there and there's really nothing to make it feel better except the wait being over. Will be thinking positive thoughts for you and really hope the next few days go quickly and end happily.

Congrats, redbird, on your happy scan. Meant so much to me to get past the stage I'd lost my other pregnancies, so can well imagine how hearing that HB must have felt to you.

I'm at 17 weeks now after previous mcs at 6 - am still anxious but much, much more hopeful (which makes me anxious, and repeat...) hmm

buzzybeetop Fri 22-Feb-13 17:55:03

Great news redbird and good to get past the point you lost previous pregnancies.

My scan next week is about the time I was aware of things going wrong last time. Hoping I'll be able to relax a bit if all goes ok.

Hope everyone else ok.

oo00PIXIE00oo Mon 25-Feb-13 11:24:54

Sorry ladies looks like another mmc for me - need one more scan next Thursday to make sure sad

Dorita75 Mon 25-Feb-13 12:22:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jollyb Mon 25-Feb-13 15:17:19

I'm sorry Pixie. Thinking of you x

tasmaniandevilchaser Mon 25-Feb-13 17:48:33

pixie really sorry to hear your news sad

Dorita75 Mon 25-Feb-13 18:35:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

So sorry pixie, big hugs xxx

Dorita75 Mon 25-Feb-13 18:56:00

I'm so so sorry Pixie xx

notsoold Mon 25-Feb-13 20:54:43

Yesterday I started having cramps about 6pm....not so painful as periods cramps but only on my right side.
No other symptoms and otherwise well...
I went to epu today and because I am 6+2 they dod some blood tests and told me to come home. They thought that at 6+2 a heartbeat might not showed in a scan and I would stress even more...
The epu phoned tonight and told me to book a scan tomorrow and that the hcg result was 5163...
Should I be worried???
Can it be ectopic with that result??
Ps I am 41..

buzzybeetop Mon 25-Feb-13 21:37:05

I'm so sorry Pixie. Hope you're being looked after.

Sorry notsoold I don't know but hope you get scan and reassurance soon.

HJBeans Tue 26-Feb-13 08:21:08

Very sorry to hear your news, pixie. How are you feeling? Do look after yourself and let others look after you.

I'm no expert, redbird, but my guess is that with one-sided cramping in early pregnancy they'll want to rule out ectopic and confirm the placement of the pregnancy. Don't remember the cutoffs for this, but think your HCG is high enough that they're likely to see something so a scan makes sense. Not particularly reason to worry - your cramps don't sound excruciating and could be something like the luteal cyst on the ovary - and potential good chance to see all's well so early on. Will keep fingers crossed for you.

LCR77 Tue 26-Feb-13 12:28:30

Oh pixie I'm so sorry you must be devastated. Try and get all the support you can and remember there are plenty of sympathetic ears here. thanks

notsoold I know it's difficult not to worry but wait until the scans for confirmation. Have you had any shoulder pain or bleeding as they're signs of ectopic. We'll be thinking of you.

Xxx

notsoold Tue 26-Feb-13 17:13:29

LCR77 HJBeans Buzzy thanks....

just back from my scan and mixed feelings really. The good news is that the yolk sac is at the right place (and not ectopic although I am still in pain)and measures around 12mm??. But no fetal pole was found and they said that maybe pregancy is around 5 weeks???My calendar said I ovulated around 26th but I thought around the 27/28th??? I will have to return on the 7th March for another scan. The MW was lovely but pretty much said to me to prepare myself for the worst sadand I felt they offered me a second scan out of pity (Of course I must be wrong , but I felt like that...)

I was told to take paracetamol for the pain that is still here. THey could not say why I am I pain (not a great deal but constant).

I am going to go insane over this sad

Sorry about the me,me,me post!!!

notsold sorry you are having to wait and see. It is horrible isn't that you just can't know one way or the other. I remember swinging from feeling like I knew it had all gone wrong, to suddently thinking what if about dates, and second scans and all sorts. A real rollercoaster. Someone said earlier there is a big difference between a few days at this stage. Don't worry about the me, me, me posts - that is what this thread is for. Hugs to get through the next bit of time until your scan.

pixie still thinking about you. x

oo00PIXIE00oo Tue 26-Feb-13 18:32:42

Hi ladies - thanks for your kind words - today has been so odd cant seem to stop crying, though at 42 the chances of mc are so high I thought I would be third time luckysad.

See a woman today shouting at her toddler ( he was scared witless) with a baby in a pushchair and a fag in her mouth and wanted to slap her (good job I was in the car!) why is she blessed and not me - how dare she treat her precious gift like that.

My body is still acting like its pg and there is nothing i can do until at least next thursday when i have the third scan to - top it off today was the EDD for the mmc in July.

notsoold I feel your pain, I really do, and hope that your outcome is more positive than mine - will keep everything crossed for you xx

Dorita75 Tue 26-Feb-13 18:38:25

I'm sorry notsoold I can't really offer any advice other than we're hear to listen when you need it. As mrshp says, it could be 5 weeks as 1) everything is so small at this stage and 2) people are moved forward and backward by over a week sometimes at scans later on. I know you'll be thinking of all possibilities at the moment and you'll only know by another scan, hope the wait goes as quickly as possible for you.

Redbird12 Tue 26-Feb-13 20:27:30

Just wanted to add that I am thinking of you both pixie and notsoold.

Pixie so sorry you are having to go through this again and on your EDD as well. It is hard as well when you see other people as well who don't seem to appreciate what they have.

notsoold hoping for a positive outcome for you. It must be so difficult and frustrating having to wait to find out so hope this next week goes quickly for you.

notsoold Wed 27-Feb-13 01:09:56

Pixie...so sorry for you!!!

Thanks everyone....just realized my ( very few ) symptoms have disappeared... Even my boobs are not sore and feels flatter....
Metalling here sad

CaliBee Wed 27-Feb-13 07:52:21

Hello ladies....can I join please.
Hi to notsoold ...sorry its not feeling good for you sad

I am tentatively dipping my toe back in ttc after a mmc at 10 weeks on 23rd Jan. That BFP was after my first round of clomid. Af arrived on Monday, 33 days after mc so I was reassured by that.
I've just turned 43 so time not on my side and DP in the army so only home some weekends...not the greatest of chances, but I'm trying to keep hope.

notsoold Wed 27-Feb-13 11:38:16

Calibee welcome!!!! Yes...I am still stressing....but thanks for your support smile

Dorita75 Wed 27-Feb-13 17:08:05

Welcome calibee ! Glad to hear you're getting back on track and ready to go again....lots of graduates from this thread which is really good news for newbees grin

LCR77 Thu 28-Feb-13 14:56:04

I have some very happy news to share on this sunny Thursday. Dating scan and NT screening were amazing this morning. Baby is doing really well and I'm a little further ahead than I thought so now 12+3, due date 9th Sept. NT measurement was 1.4mm which after a little research is normal.

Was just so wonderful to see the little thing wriggling around. Cannot stop grinning today!

Hoping this gives you a little hope if TTC
xxx

HJBeans Thu 28-Feb-13 15:07:12

Congratulations LCR!!! Happy news, indeed, and I'm so pleased for you. Know just what you mean about not being able to stop grinning. I took a photo of my scan printout to send to my folks and found myself sitting in the office staring at it with a silly smile on my face. Enjoy it!

Welcome calibee - sorry you're here but hope you find a lot of support for the ttc stage and beyond.

Thinking of you pixie, and so sorry you found yourself grieving again on a previous EDD. thanks

Hoping for the best for you, notsoold (and sorry to you and to redbird for getting your name wrong above!). The waiting is awful, there's no way around it, but I hope yours ends happily.

As for me, I've buckled under post 16-week scan but pre-regular movements anxiety - increased by some aches in the lower abdomen which I'm sure are just stretching but which I can't stop worrying about - and borrowed a friend's home Doppler. I've had no trouble finding the heartbeat, which is a reassurance, but it and these wee flutters I'm starting to feel are all a good bit lower down than I would have expected.

Have posted on the main pregnancy board to ask where the fetus is meant to be at this stage. I would have thought roughly midpoint between pubic bone and naval, but all my 'action' seems to be just above the bikini line. Any more experienced folks know where my fetus should be? And has anyone gotten any good advice from their midwives on rules-of-thumb for when to worry about cramping/aches?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now