Those waiting to ttc... (slightly pointless thread)

(1000 Posts)
LoveYouForeverMyBaby Mon 15-Oct-12 17:58:10

We're ttc #2 in dec and I know it's a really silly thing to get excited about, but just started taking folic acid and feeling very excited about it!

Sorry for the pointless thread.

Jetblack61 Thu 31-Jan-13 15:21:15

Hi everyone,
I'm a total newbie to MN and the forum, and this topic seemed totally right for me, so here I am!

I'm 28, DP is 30 and I have always wanted a baby and always thought I would have one before being 30. We're in a position that is more conducive to having a baby now (bought our own house last August; both in stable jobs etc), so I feel now is a good time. DP is taking more convincing sad, especially on notification that because of my contract job (University research staff) we'd likely only get SMP and as we now have a mortgage etc, that would have a big impact!!

I'm also planning a trip with family to Australia in October, so I think baby-making will have to wait until close to / after that sad. I have just had my implant removed in a bid to get some normality to a non-existent cycle before we do decide we're ready to try!

Would dearly love to just throw caution to the wind and forget all practicalities and see what happens, but I know that's not sensible at the moment!

Can't wait to be TTC, although the thought of that actually happening does frighten me a bit!! blush

MaybeAgain Thu 31-Jan-13 18:38:38

Hi jetblack I'm pretty new too and joined because I found this thread. It's worrying when you think of the practicalities, especially money. We have talked about taking a 'mortgage break' for a month or two when I'm on maternity leave. I would hopefully be off work for 12 months so would have SMP then 6 months unpaid. I've opened an ISA and put money in there every month. DH isn't as anxious to TTC as me quite yet so I'm trying to cover all bases so he can't think of excuses grin

winterpansy Thu 31-Jan-13 20:22:57

Thanks so much don! Good luck to you too x

Jetblack61 Fri 01-Feb-13 09:48:52

MaybeAgain
I am exactly the same - trying to fix the 'concerns' so he doesn't have an excuse! We moved into our house and a new bathroom was 'on the list' before we thought about anything else...cue me saving everything I could to get the money together to pay for that (being done in the next month hopefully!)...one thing he can't use against the idea of TTC!
Now it is just the money situation really. There is a potential longer term contract for me at work that would solve all of it because it would entitle me to a better MP package. However, as time goes on, I'm not sure how likely that is, and if it's not going to happen, then there's no point in waiting because things will always be the way they are now.

I think I'll do as you have and just get saving from now on, that way once we do start TTC I should have a bit put aside, and then there'll be the 8ish months of working where saving will have to be huge to hopefully cover the lack of salary if it is just SMP I end up getting.

So many things to think about...! (not least Australia, so need to remember that flying to the other side of the world whilst being in early pregnancy and potentially feeling awful would be a bit of a mistake!)

We will get there - I'm sure of it smile

dontsqueezetheteabag Fri 01-Feb-13 09:55:08

Me too!!!

DH and I have discussed having a go at starting a family in Autumn. Would have done it sooner but my sister is getting married in Sep and we need a new bathroom after moving into a new house in May last year.

Lots of people telling me not to wait and that we should just go for it as we don't know how long it will take for me to fall pg.

I just keep thinking positive and hopeing that this time next year we will be expecting a baby! smile

Leafmould Sat 02-Feb-13 19:04:31

Hi every one!

I can't believe February is already here, and I am so happy that winter pansy and queen of clean amongst others are now officially ttc!

3 knights I really sympathise. As maybe says, it's more a case of dp not disagreeing with ttc in the spring , rather than an actual case of agreeing. This is partly why I have gone quiet for a bit, I was so taken up with the idea that number 3 might actually happen I totally went into overdrive, working it all out. On reflection I feel that I have pestered my dp into it, and that I really need to chill out about it, and for him to get a bit more engaged before taking any steps.

On the other hand, I am glad I have allowed myself a bit of time off to accept the idea that this might not actually happen. . . If it does it will make me really happy!

Interesting to see that there are new people joining the list. . . And joining mumsnet because of this thread. It is my favourite thread on here too, and I think there are so many interesting experiences shared on here...

Good luck to us all on our journeys. . .

winterpansy Sat 02-Feb-13 22:57:39

Aww..good to see you leafmould! It's been a long 4 months waiting but I'm overjoyed to be finally getting to it now.
I hope whatever happens for you over the next while is the right thing for you and your family, either way, and that you are totally at peace with the outcome. Good luck with it all x

Gingerandcocoa Sun 03-Feb-13 12:34:33

Hello everyone,

I am sort of new to MN (well not too new that I've not picked up on a few of the acronyms ;)), and in the expectation of starting to NTNTC.... I've been ready for some time, but DH is a bit afraid of the change a baby could bring.

I feel like if I really insisted he'd give in now, but I don't want him to resent me down the line. So we've agreed to wait until the summer....

I can't wait though!!!!!!!!!

Tranquilitybaby Sun 03-Feb-13 23:20:11

Can I join, nothing's definite yet as DH is still deciding. But if it's ayes we'll start trying on holiday in Mexico in August. Fell pg with dd#1 on honeymoon there, maybe it's fate!

literaryone Tue 05-Feb-13 04:47:06

Well, hello, ladies. Hope those that were planning for February are on track. I think we might wait a couple of months more.... January was emotionally very difficult and we do have to get some tests done before we can go ahead... Also, have been very, very sad and miserable recently, my due date for the baby just went past and it's been ghastly. sad so I'm not sure whether to try when still grieving as a way of going forward or wait till we feel better. Confused!

winterpansy Wed 06-Feb-13 11:17:27

Oh literary, I'm sorry to hear things are not good with you. I can't imagine what it would be like to have your due date come and go and be imagining how thigns would be if it had all worked out.
Hope you get some clarity and can figure what timing works best for you and DH.

Hello & good luck to all the new wait-ers! The waiting is very hard but when it's over and you can move to TTC it becomes very exciting and real. I'm beaming everytime I think about it (hopefully I will conceive i the next few months or I won't be so beamy!) Fingers crossed for you all.

Fairypants Wed 27-Feb-13 20:57:59

Hello all,
I did pop in earlier in the thread but then wandered off due to a slight misunderstanding with MN settings confusing the hell out of me . I am planning on ttc #3 at the end of April. I didn't plan dd's so forgive me for asking a really stupid question...
Do I need to see a dr before ttc? I've already started folic acid, stopped the pill in favour of condoms and am keeping track of cycle etc.. Is there any need to see a dr or do I just go in when I am upduffed?

Leafmould Tue 12-Mar-13 23:21:55

hi fairypants

nice to see yu again!

I think it is a good idea to check you are up to date with your smear...

not sure if there is anything else really?

pizzaqueen Wed 13-Mar-13 15:36:47

Can i join?

I have a two and a half year old and can't wait to try to conceive another. Finances and childcare costs have been holding us back until now. DS was a bit of a 'suprise' for us so it's a nice feeling being able to plan for it this time.

I had my implant removed a couple of weeks ago in preperation but my DP doesn't want to concieve just yet as he wants the baby born in summer. I've tried explaining it might take months and you can't always plan it like that but he wants to wait. So another few months before we can ttc yet.

I'm finding it hard to resist the urge to buy baby things and i'm not even pregnant yet. Meanwhile it feels like virtually all my mum friends have had or expecting their second child already.

Fairypants Wed 13-Mar-13 18:24:26

Hi leafmould nice to hear from you. I thought everyone on this thread had gone away.
Thats a good point about smear test, i hadn't thought of that but I am all up to date with everything- we're even trying to make a decision about where to go this summer so I can have any jabs I need before ttc.
Hi pizza welcome. I know precisely what you mean about wanting to get baby stuff, I really struggle with that one. U have compromised by buying pregnancy magazines, reading my old pregnancy books and window shopping for baby stuff. DH even took me to mothercare in one particular weak moment but its not worth the embarrassment when helpful staff ask when you're due blush

SuddenlySqueamish Thu 14-Mar-13 16:57:38

Hello there, can I join your pre-TTC gang?!
Came on MN for the first time a few weeks ago after thinking that we might TTC for the first time this year but only just discovered this group. And so happy I am to discover it too. I did think maybe I'm a bit crazy and getting ahead of myself by looking on here when I have no children and still using contraception but I like to be prepared and read lots of information before I do anything. Glad to see I'm not the only one smile

We're pre-TTC because we want to move house first. We're living in London at the moment but my OH is a Yorkshire man and I'm from the Midlands and we've both grown up playing outdoors and being in nature and we want that for our children. Moving house end of April so soon as we're settled, we'll be not trying not to conceive. Excited!

Leafmould Sat 16-Mar-13 20:44:09

Hi squeamish, pizza and fairy,

Welcome to the pointless group! I personally had an accident followed by a surprise. . . And I think planning a baby must be really special, so getting ready for it is an important stage in the process. There are so many reasons to wait! But most of the people who were on here before seem to have graduated and be ttc now, so I'll see if I get a minute to review the list so we can recall who might be ttc the same month as us. Not tonight though, I have already had too much wine! (enjoying it while I can!)

OrbisNonSufficit Sun 17-Mar-13 18:52:26

Hellooooo all. It's been a while, I've been MOST out of touch, dropping back in to say hello. Our stupid landlords gave us notice Just Before Christmas (nasty ppl) plus major work stress so it's been a bit manic and I've been trying to keep head above water for a couple of months.

I'm pleased to announce that thus far I have achieved precisely none of my waiting to TTC goals (keep forgetting to take vit D and folic acid, haven't had a smear test done etc), however, we are now in a lovely new rental place (with more room, no more worrying about where to stash small person if one turns up) and thinking about buying.

So I'm quite positive about starting to TTC in a month or so now (or prior - we may start practising early since I don't really think it will happen in month 1, poss not even month 24 given my elderly ovaries SIGH). More so as work has been p'ing me off of late, so quite keen on the idea of 6 months maternity leave (v lucky, I get 6 months @ full pay). So can I come back and hang out with you guys while I wait??

MissCalamity Sun 24-Mar-13 11:33:20

Hello,

Can I join as well?! I really want to get back on the TTC bandwagon this May; but have been waiting for a few things to click into place before trying to coax OH into TTC#2.

We have a DS who is 3.3 and will be starting nursery in September, so this will free up money that we're currently paying to the childminder (if we can get the days he goes to CM) OH is waiting on a job offer which we're still waiting on but all the noises are good to go, so more money. smile

We've got enough bedroom space, just need to do up the spare room for DS to move into and paint his old room.

OH point blank refused to have another child last November, I've not asked him about it since but we've had a few conversations about other things which have evolved round another child, if I let him think it's his idea then we'll be fine.

I really don't want DS to be an only child, and I think we need to get a wriggle on as we did strike lucky on the 2nd cycle first time round, but age is now a factor (me, 33, OH 44) I don't want to wait another year before TTC#2 because of this.

So, fingers crossed everything pans out in the next 2 months grin glad I've found this thread and know I'm not the only one obsessing about waiting to TTC!

Coffee1Sugar Sun 24-Mar-13 18:50:52

Can I join?! I'm having my mirena out on Wednesday and will start ttc straight away for dc2!

Alohomora Sun 24-Mar-13 20:14:35

Heeeello, I'll join all you in waiting to ttc - I'm 31, my DH is 44, we had our registrar's wedding in February and our big party wedding in Germany is coming in June. Current plan is to start ttc around autumn-time for a June/July/August baby if things go really well.

I've just gone off Cerazette and hope my cycles come bal quickly and regularly. Have starte buying books, reading up and bought some evening primrose oil and B6 and hope to get my energy levels up and stress and weight down by the time summer comes around.

Looking forward to waiting with you!

Hallo there ladies, wondering if I can join you? I'm SO BROODY it hurts me. I have an 11 month old DS and cannot wait to get pregnant again.

Took a test last week as I got some spotting (very unusual for me, as I'm on Cerazette and have never had any bleeding while taking it) - I was really sad when it came out negative. Spoke to OH today, asked him if he'd mind if I stopped taking my pill so I could get pregnant again. He said he'd rather wait till LO is about 18 months...7 months???

happygoluckyinOz Thu 28-Mar-13 07:51:57

Hi all! I've been browsing this thread looking for just this sort of group! smile

I'm having a 'fed up' day today because I want to start TTC but don't have any idea of when we will be able to sad

DH has been out of work since August last year and it's just me working, he won't even contemplate (and he's right really) trying for a baby whilst he doesn't have a job - but nothing is happening! Grrrr!

Always thought we'd be trying by the time I hit 30 - and I reach that milestone in 2.5 months time....

Been together 10 years and married for 2.5 - everyone else is having babies and I want one too!

I'm pretending I can plan though, went for a 'pre-pregnancy' blood test yesterday grin DH thinks I'm mental!

Sorry for the moan - thanks for listening!!

moominlike Thu 28-Mar-13 21:20:56

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I last popped in and I don't recognise many names which must mean people are busy ttc! Hi to all the newcomers smile

So the house hunt has been a bit of a roller coaster, first house fell through which was so disappointing. I know a lot of the reason we were so gutted was losing what the house represented, ie the start of us trying for a family. But we've now found an even better house, a proper family home and affordable too, so fingers crossed this time!

Also had the all clear on my recent smear test today after needing treatment last year so am over the moon about that! I have one more pack of pills left and hopefully I won't be needing them after that smile

Strange but now ttc is possibly only a month away it's actually a tad scary!

Was wondering about any other tests / check ups you're meant to have before ttc... what does the blood test you had look for happy?

happygoluckyinOz Thu 28-Mar-13 22:42:32

I'm not 100% sure until I get the results (mentioned we might ttc soon & doc said to go get a test) but I think it's tested me for my immunisations - so rubella, mmr, whoping cough. The doc mentioned if I didn't have good immunity from these then I'd need to be vaccinated at least a month before ttc.

Think maybe iron too - but I'll let you know next week when I get the results! smile

This thread is not accepting new messages.