Those waiting to ttc... (slightly pointless thread)

(1000 Posts)
LoveYouForeverMyBaby Mon 15-Oct-12 17:58:10

We're ttc #2 in dec and I know it's a really silly thing to get excited about, but just started taking folic acid and feeling very excited about it!

Sorry for the pointless thread.

LabourGirl Fri 04-Jan-13 18:51:48

He is almost 14 so a big gap.

Leafmould Fri 04-Jan-13 22:46:24

Hi everyone,

kate I'm so sorry about your fIL. Hugs.

I am stepping back for a little while now. I feel that I need to focus myself on the organization of house, money and life, which is the reason we are waiting to ttc. I have been too focused on the actual baby bit, and not got much done in terms of taking the steps I need to take in order to get there.

I feel terribly uncertain about a 3rd child sometimes. I love my girls deeply, and have really enjoyed spending more time with them over the holidays. But how would I manage with 3? Would it upset what balance we have? Sometimes I think it would tip me over the edge in terms of chaos, but I know I have enough love for one or 2 more children. These decisions are so hard.

To labour girl, they are small children for such a small period! Try thinking of it more long term. . . Not 'having a baby ' but 'starting a family'

Tiger stripes. . Good luck with ttc this time. I will be 35 by the time I start ttc, and also worry that it will be a more emotional journey this time. I have already cocked my cycle up good and proper by changing my contraceptive. . . Grrr. Hopefully that will sort itself out by the summer. Why will you need double dose of folic acid? Is that recommended for the over 35's?

One more list update then, for January.

popsicle1984 Fri 04-Jan-13 23:02:27

Newbie here!

I've been lurking but I think it's time for me to join! Not TTC (No 1) til after our wedding in June but am excited about all the little milestones leading up to it! E.g. I came of the pill in mid December so am v excited about when my period will start and working out when my first ovulation after the wedding will be! Also planning on starting folic acid in March. Oh and trying to lose weight before the wedding/TTC too!

Anyone else get excited about the little bits leading up to TTC? I guess it helps take my mind off the fact that I'm not actually TTC yet!

Leafmould Fri 04-Jan-13 23:03:38

BFP's
Loveyouforevermybaby , OP, due August.
amiready

February
Winterpansy   ttc #2 feb/mar
literaryone age 31 ttc#1 after 2nd trimester mc
jazzcat28 ttc#1 may/June
crazyhead ttc#2 in feb/march
fancy nancy 77 age 35 ttc#2 feb/mar
accidental exhibitionist ttc#2 February
volleyfeet ttc#1
mythreeknights age 34ttc#3 

March
batfish age 31 ttc#1 march
dollydaydream26  age 26 ttc#1
Tricycle tops  

April
Zen nudist age 34 ttc #2 April/may?
caramal ttc#2 hopefully April.
orbis non sufficit age 35 ttc#1 April 
horseygirl1 ttc#2
moominlike age 32 ttc#1
Frizz1986 ttc#1
duddlepuck

May
leafmould age 34 ttc#3 May
definately sometime age 30 ttc#1 May.
 toomuchlaptop age 36 ttc#2
kate Beckett ttc#1

In a few months/later in the year
sorelip ttc#2
labourgirl

July
painted cat age 22 ttc #1
iwish age 27 ttc#2

August
part1 ttc#2 August

September
Porridge with almond milk

Autumn
twojackrussellsandababy ttc#2

November 2013
waiting 2wait2wait

December 2013
tigerstripes

Mid 2014
thundernlightning 

September2014 (or2015)
madamelebean ttc #2

End 2014
ithinkineedahug

Indefinite or vague
mintberry
witchesbrew&biscuits ttc#2
lindamagoo 41 ttc #3

Once again, just say if I've got you wrong!

popsicle1984 Fri 04-Jan-13 23:03:50

Oh and I'm 28 (for another 6 weeks sad)

Leafmould Fri 04-Jan-13 23:06:15

bourbons and tea , there is still a special place for you and others from the January list on this thread! We like to hear how ttcers are getting on, so please keep us posted! We want you at the top of the list, in the BFP bit!

I just cut the January bit because the list was so mega, sorry.

Leafmould Fri 04-Jan-13 23:08:11

Welcome popsicle, sorry I just missed you off the list by one minute! Will just uupdate now.x

Leafmould Fri 04-Jan-13 23:11:14

BFP's
Loveyouforevermybaby , OP, due August.
amiready

February
Winterpansy   ttc #2 feb/mar
literaryone age 31 ttc#1 after 2nd trimester mc
jazzcat28 ttc#1 may/June
crazyhead ttc#2 in feb/march
fancy nancy 77 age 35 ttc#2 feb/mar
accidental exhibitionist ttc#2 February
volleyfeet ttc#1
mythreeknights age 34ttc#3 

March
batfish age 31 ttc#1 march
dollydaydream26  age 26 ttc#1
Tricycle tops  

April
Zen nudist age 34 ttc #2 April/may?
caramal ttc#2 hopefully April.
orbis non sufficit age 35 ttc#1 April 
horseygirl1 ttc#2
moominlike age 32 ttc#1
Frizz1986 ttc#1
duddlepuck

May
leafmould age 34 ttc#3 May
definately sometime age 30 ttc#1 May.
toomuchlaptop age 36 ttc#2
kate Beckett ttc#1

In a few months/later in the year
sorelip ttc#2
labourgirl

June
popsicle1984 age 28 ttc#1

July
painted cat age 22 ttc #1
iwish age 27 ttc#2

August
part1 ttc#2 August

September
Porridge with almond milk

Autumn
twojackrussellsandababy ttc#2

November 2013
waiting 2wait2wait

December 2013
tigerstripes

Mid 2014
thundernlightning 

September2014 (or2015)
madamelebean ttc #2

End 2014
ithinkineedahug

Indefinite or vague
mintberry
witchesbrew&biscuits ttc#2
lindamagoo 41 ttc #3

Once again, just say if I've got you wrong!

popsicle1984 Fri 04-Jan-13 23:14:08

Thanks Leafmould

I'm feeling a bit lonely in June!

twentythirteen Sat 05-Jan-13 09:31:42

I've been away for a bit, can anyone remind me where the ttc thread is?

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sat 05-Jan-13 09:51:54

Hello Leafmould I hope you are lurking out there and get to read this post...

I just want to say a huge thank you for your company over the last few months - your posts have been full of kindness and wisdom. I fully understand your reasons for taking a bit of a break too. Oh, and thank you for doing a sterling job of keeping the thread list going.

I would say that I'm looking forward to you joining me on a ttc thread in May but rather selfishly I want to have waltzed off with a sticky BFP by then!!! (if fate happens to be listening: please, please, please let that happen..)

The decision whether or not to have another can be desperately hard. I honestly went through years of turmoil trying to decide whether to try for a second child given DP's feelings. I don't know whether it will help at all but I will share a couple of conclusions I've reached.

First of all, the fact that I just couldn't let the idea of another child go (even with all my doubts and mental wrestling over it) is a very strong indication of what - deep down in my heart - I really want.

Second, I have given myself permission to voice my desire and 'just want' another child without having to justify my feelings. I think sometimes if you are the type of person who is concerned with doing what is 'right' for everyone in the family and putting the needs of others before your own it can be hard to feel certain about what you really want.

Lots of sincere best wishes to you Leaf

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sat 05-Jan-13 10:00:05

Hello twentythirteen there is a "slightly pointless ones ttc (sort of) now" thread but to be honest, whilst it is friendly, it is rather quiet at the moment. I don't know how to link to it I'm afraid.

I think lots of people are just picking the ttc thread that best suits them (whether that is just shagging or the monthly bus etc.) London and I are both on the ttc#2 thread.

twentythirteen Sat 05-Jan-13 11:13:25

Thanks Bridget smile

KateBeckett Sat 05-Jan-13 11:55:01

Thank you bourbons and leaf

leaf good luck with getting yourself organised! I hope you pop back now and again - I have enjoyed reading your posts!

popsicle I might well be joining you in June - fully depends on the job situation!!

winterpansy Sat 05-Jan-13 21:51:32

Thanks leaf if you're lurking. You've been great at doing the lists - hope your head gets sorted out. It's been a pleasure chatting to you and I hope to see you on another thread soon!

Well, Im definitely starting ttc no2 in Feb. I've managed to get a part-time job, which, while won't pay me as much as I was working full-time, will pay the mortgage and allow me extra time with DS and hopefully DC2 when the time comes. It's a really worthwhile charity job too so I'm over the moon. I'm starting in a few weeks but have a colonoscopy (blurrggghh) booked on 31th Jan. Once that's over and done with we are hopping on board the DTD train grin. My first ovulation is around 9th Feb so that will be our first attempt this time round.

After having an awful time over the last few months with work, I am finally feeling optimistic about this year. We had an amazing Christmas with DS and our families and we also had lots of good chats about out family and future so are totally on the same wavelength about everything.

Hope everyone else is doing well too.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sat 05-Jan-13 22:53:54

Hi everyone, I'm the op and just wanted to pop by and say hello to everyone. This thread was a huge support to me when we were ttc.
Am 8 weeks tomorrow, currently lots of morning sickness and exhausting working ft with a 13 month old and being pg.

Very much looking forward to the 12 week scan as I'm feeling very nervous.

BridgetandtheHairyBrigands Sun 06-Jan-13 11:49:21

Woo Hoo! Lots of congratulations on the new job winterpansy I'm so pleased things are looking up and you had a good Christmas. You certainly deserve some good luck after all the stress you've been through recently.

I hope all goes well at the appointment on the 31st.

(LondonSuperTrooper and I are over on the ttc#2 thread if you fancy popping over in Feb...or in advance)

Yay LoveYou, nice to see an 'old' face around here. Fingers crossed for you and roll-on 12 week scan...

dollydaydream26 Mon 07-Jan-13 12:59:26

Hi everyone !! Just wanted to pop in and tell you my latest news .
We weren't supposed to be ttc until march due to me getting better maternity benefits but this weekend we have decided to throw caution to the wind and go for it shock
It's what we both want more than anything so ..... We decided let's just do it ..... Please excuse the pun.
So I suppose I had better switch threads good luck to everyone and thanks for keeping me sane in the wait xx

winterpansy Mon 07-Jan-13 22:21:22

Thanks so much bridget! Yes, a bit of good luck has come my way at last. Once the appointment is out of the road, we can move on from all of this stress in earnest. I've got some good Positive Mental Attitude going on.
How are you doing?

Yay love! Glad things are progressing well. Hopefully the tiredness and sickness goes away very soon. That's one part of becoming pregnant with DC2 Im not really looking forward to. Dealing with a toddler alone is tiring enough!

Hi dolly Congrats on moving a step forward to a BFP. Hopefully I'll be joining you on the other thread very soon. Good luck with it all.

Frizz1986 Tue 08-Jan-13 20:21:01

There are so many of us waiting to ttc!!
I am really struggling with the 'waiting' part. I keep thinking that maybe just maybe we could start early. April seems so far away even though i know its not.
I am already taking my vitamins and have been exercising so that i can be as primed and ready as possible.
We are hoping to wait until after our wedding but have half agreed that depending on fertile dates we might start trying the week or 2 before once all the hen and stag events are finished.
I have only been off my contraceptive pill for a few weeks and so have been using ovulation tests to start getting an idea of when its all happening. I know it can take a while for the body to get its rhythm back so I have my fingers crossed that my body settles itself well.

lollydollydrop Tue 08-Jan-13 20:35:05

Hi everyone! waves I am in a little group on my own as I am such a keeno that I'm waiting to TTC in 2015 but still want to join in with chats/lurk.. however no-one else seems to be planning quite so far ahead as me so just to say hi to you lot and I hope those testing soon get those two lines!! smile

lollydollydrop Tue 08-Jan-13 20:36:13

Sorry that last comment was completely redundant wasnt it, no-ones testing soon as you are all waiting, DUH!!!!! (tired)

Ariel21 Tue 08-Jan-13 21:45:23

Hello everyone. Sorry if I'm a bit late to the party, but I've been lurking for a while - nervous about joining in as if talking about it will jinx it! I married my husband in September and we decided we'd like to start trying for a baby in Jan. I had a Mirena coil for 2 years that was taken out on 27th Dec - I want to wait a month before TTC, so I could at least have a decent period and see everything is working! (not had a period since I've had the Mirena)

So... Hopefully will start trying at the end of January! Until then, where is Aunt Flo!? Have never been so excited about seeing her....

moonblues Wed 09-Jan-13 10:03:34

Hello everyone. Can I join too?

I spotted this thread back in October, but at that point I thought I was just going to have to deal with the fact my DH did not want to have any more DC's. So quit my nice low earning child friendly job and got a new higher earning longer hours job, which seemed to trigger my DH to change his mind (well that and he realised I was getting older hmm).

Anyway now have the green light to try to conceive DC3, but have to wait because I'm not entitled to maternity pay yet with new job. So think will have to wait til March/April I think. Need to wait til I get contract to make sure.
Think I'm more worried this time about having a child with special needs and how I would cope with that and the impact it would have on my DCs. But always wanted to have a largish family and can't believe DH has come round to the idea. Bit scared of talking too much to him about it as I don't want to scare him off, so it would be great to have somewhere to offload. smile
congratulations to the ladies with BFPs and new jobs.
leafmould if you're still lurking please add me to the list! Have been taking frolic acid for 3 days and starting to get excited. Also trying to lose some weight and get a bit fitter while I'm waiting...

Hi Ladies,

Can i join in too?! I am off to the family planning clinic tonight to have my coil taken out. I am super excited. Worked out my ovulation dates so i am ready to rock and roll! I am 26 have 3 DS with a 2 year age gap between each. Youngest is now 5 so seems a huge gap to me!

I have loved reading how excited you all are!! Good luck to all of you :-)

This thread is not accepting new messages.