Those waiting to ttc... (slightly pointless thread)

(1000 Posts)
LoveYouForeverMyBaby Mon 15-Oct-12 17:58:10

We're ttc #2 in dec and I know it's a really silly thing to get excited about, but just started taking folic acid and feeling very excited about it!

Sorry for the pointless thread.

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Thu 06-Dec-12 14:09:04

Hee, Hee, my hairy baubles are starting to grow on me.......(not literally of course wink)

literaryone Thu 06-Dec-12 14:27:17

shock MY EYES!

winterpansy Thu 06-Dec-12 17:06:55

Thanks bridget and literary!
I will report back. Been feeling so sick all day!

Haha! Be careful of hairy baubles sneaking up on you grin

Everyone doing ok this evening?

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Thu 06-Dec-12 17:09:21

Winter how'd your fate turn out???

Brigdet...Hairy Baubles ha ha ha! Or rather, ho ho ho (oh dear!)!

Oooh, I'm getting really jealous of those moving over to the ttc thread. I think I'm ovulating, which would be a great sign of health and the timing would make sense only if my body was really healing as I think it is, so I'm hopeful. We won't do anything about it this month but good to know we are closer to ttc'ing!

winterpansy Thu 06-Dec-12 22:04:06

Hey one Not sure yet,apparently the meeting ran over by 2.5 hours! But..I still haven't heard anything yet. I'm holding on to thinking that no news is good news.

Hope you are ovulating - that would be brilliant. And as you say, one step closer to the actual ttc thread. We'll all get there eventually but it's hard in the meantime. I'm with ya!

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Fri 07-Dec-12 06:43:27

9dpo and bfn this morning. Feel disheartened.

SeriousStuff Fri 07-Dec-12 13:44:53

Oh my good gosh! Is it crazy that I'm now following a rocking horse on ebay that I really want for our (as of yet) non-existent children?!

petitfromage Fri 07-Dec-12 13:54:19

Hi all, just off to finish some xmas shopping and pick up my recently ordered cheap but pretty party dress.... I've been very optimistic and only bought one dress to do me for about 7 parties, thought there was no point in spending money on lots of dresses that won't fit me in 6 months time.... Is that too much forward planning?? Anyone else apart from me and serious?? (and btw no I think perfectly rational to follow rocking horse. I struggled walking past baby clothes in John Lewis the other day. I mean they are just sooo cute.....)

petitfromage Fri 07-Dec-12 13:57:51

And just a quick thought for the day - just done ovulation calendar for the umpteenth time and double checked, and yes my first fertile day is Christmas day!! How the hell are we supposed to find the time? I've got 14 coming for dinner!!!!

winterpansy Fri 07-Dec-12 14:19:56

Aww loveyou that's a shame. Try to pick yourself up and get ready for next month. I know it's not easy though. Get back on the saddle when you're a bit less disheartened....as it was!

serious and petit resist buying for as yet non-existent sprogs...they cost enough when they actually appear!

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Fri 07-Dec-12 15:48:00

petitfromage that's the sort of Christmas stuffing problem that good old Delia can't help you with grin

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Fri 07-Dec-12 18:04:12

Petit, that's very unfortunate timing! What about during the Queen's speech?!

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Fri 07-Dec-12 19:00:20

Just want af to hurry up then sod off so we can try again. We concieved first month with dd and a part of me thought it might happen again sad

mummycooper Fri 07-Dec-12 21:29:03

hey everyone, im ttc baby 2 now since september, no luck yet but ive been taking supplements, ones from boots similar to the pregnacare tabs ya get so hope they do the trick. been going to the gym twice a week to get fitter and keep my weight down which im enjoying and ds loves the creche so i get some me time smile smile. when i conceived my ds it happend so quickly, i went off my pill in august, started trying and fell preganant in oct 2010, and he was born july 4th 2011, hes 17mnts now so really want another wee sibling for him, tho it hasent happend as quick this time round and ive been off the pill since end of july, but neverless all the trying is fun.are most people on this thread planning to have a baby round a certain time??, iv worked out if i conceive this month my next dc would be born around sep time, i only want two years between ds and a sibling tho its working out now there will be over 2 years, kind of wished i tried earlier as would love a newborn in my arms now whilst ds is still just a baby,hes growing up so fast..

literaryone Sat 08-Dec-12 05:35:46

petit, ho ho ho! grin Hope you find some time for a couple of quickies during the day.
Love You, sorry to hear that but I guess we all need to tell ourselves to be patient. Having conceived our little angel boy as an "accident", the first time ever we skipped the condom, it's going to be a little strange "trying"... and potentially for months... but it's the average. Here's hoping for a BFP next time round for you!

mummycooper, hello! Hoping you get the desired BFP SOON! This is actually a thread for people waiting in limbo before starting to TTC (though some have graduated to TTC and update here as well as on the actively TTC threads). We're all waiting for different reasons, some timing, some situation at home/work, some health.

Okay, here's my ob-gyn update. She's asked me, of course, to wait till the thyroid levels are balanced and has asked us to do the karyotyping tests now and test blood sugar levels around the time I test thyroid levels (end of January). She's also recommended I redo the tests for Antiphospholipid Syndrome (I was tested immediately following the miscarriage) just before we start TTC and then again, as soon as we get a BFP. On the whole, she think everything looks good -- she was happy with my cycle dates, even though they're not perfectly regular as before, when I could predict to the day when a period would start -- and she thinks we should wait only to get these tests done and clear. Of course, she's said, "Lose some more weight if you can!" as I am in the overweight range. Heigh-ho, the only way I ever manage to lose weight is with a highly restricted diet and/or severe vomiting. So lots of salad and fruit it will have to be...

TigerseyeMum Sat 08-Dec-12 08:43:01

Gah, pretty sure I ovved a couple of days ago and totally missed the eindow of opportunity to dtd. Pressure of work, stuff going on at home, late nights, way too tired. sad

Better try harder next time.

I seem to have missed the hairy baubles incident.

TigerseyeMum Sat 08-Dec-12 08:45:04

Window, not eindow. Or reindeer.

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sat 08-Dec-12 11:13:08

I'm back to waiting to ttc...looks like it'll be long term maybe 3-4 years...good luck everyone.

Onemoreforgoodmeasure Sat 08-Dec-12 11:38:10

Oh, I just got confused between this one and the other thread!

Sorry Tigers about the missed ov. Sorry Love you I didn't realise it would mean having to wait for so long. [fasd]

Hi Mummy!

Literary sounds like good results overall so far. It's a sorry time of year to have to diet, hope you can find a happy way forward.

I'm in a limbo state and would be happy to hear any advice/thoughts/opinions. I'm 40 so eager to get on after this last mc, I seem to be healing really quickly and am doing lots of excercise and being generally healthy. OH and I agreed when the mc started that we would wait a month or two to let my body rest, but I think I'm gearing up to ovulate so I started opk testing. If I do ov then I will want to try. Am I being crazy?

moominlike Sat 08-Dec-12 11:59:53

Hi fellow waiters, have been lurking on MN for a while now but stumbled across this thread and it seems like a nice friendly and supportive place smile

Will be ttc our first sometime early next year, bit vague at the mo as lots to sort out before but am beyond excited! Been a long road just to get to waiting to ttc!

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Sat 08-Dec-12 14:40:11

Hello moomin - this thread is so friendly that I, very naughtily, keep popping back when I've officially 'graduated' blush Sorry.

Tigerseye hopefully you are still in with a chance this month. We aren't just baby-making machines and general life is bound to get in the way sometimes.

Indeed, if I was a baby-making machine, I think I would have been recalled to the factory by now!

Anyway, any chance I can tempt you over to the other thread? <thinks about luring Loopy across with some liver cake hoping you'll follow>

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Sat 08-Dec-12 14:42:16

Oh, forgot to say, Tigerseye, don't worry - my hairy baubles will be on display all December grin

TigerseyeMum Sat 08-Dec-12 17:08:41

Lordy, baubles on display!

Loopy is angry with me. I bought his new Xmas present today. It is a new fluffy padded bed. He got straight on it. But it's not good enough because it has a fixed cover. Cue lots of scraps scrape scrape to try to fluff it up. He gave up and flopped, glaring at me peevishly. Ungrateful wretch.

Wot is the other thread? For people already ttc?

loveyou so sorry plans have had to be shelved sad

LoveYouForeverMyBaby Sat 08-Dec-12 17:36:14

Hmmm not sure if this counts but did two FRER tests today on both tests the second line showed up, but they were very faint....but enough for both oh and myself to see it....am thinking am pg but going to test again in the morning...

BridgetandtheHairyBaubles Sat 08-Dec-12 18:21:36

YAY!!!! THE THREAD'S VERY FIRST BFP!!! grin grin grin

Congratulations LoveYouForever - what a roller-coaster!!

This thread is not accepting new messages.