Rainbow Babies. Making it through the storm, missing our Angels, loving and hoping for Rainbows.

(993 Posts)
RainboxFX Thu 11-Oct-12 09:22:12

A shiny new thread in memory of our angels. To bring us all BFPs, sticky beans and healthy happy Rainbows.

KleinePoppet Tue 15-Jan-13 08:36:05

Hi everyone, I've had a busy few days and haven't been online much. But have just had a quick read and wanted to send green and rainbox lots of love and hope so very much that today brings good news for you both. I know it's terrifying. Thinking of you both and will check back later xx
Also thinking of elly as you approach 24 weeks, you really sound like you're coping with the HUGE levels of stress so well...
blizy any news on dates for the investigations?
fan I too am so sorry to hear about your friend. One of our friends is also very poorly, and it's just so sad and horrifying.
Big hug to babyh, how are you doing?
Hi to everyone else! Hope you are all ok. Busy here, and trying to figure out work plans too. I was self-employed - kind of! Long story - before falling pg, but DH and I are currently trying to decide what's best for now.
Love to all xx

green and rainbox thinking of you today, I'm here to hold your hands leading up to the scans. Fx for wriggly babies.

greengoose Tue 15-Jan-13 08:58:27

Thanks everyone, just about to go out, I'll let you know how it goes.

RAINBOX...will be keeping everything crossed for you today. X

Lots of love & luck to green and rainbox xx

Thought I lost the thread for a minute, was getting very worried.

Will pop back later, hope everything is ok green and rainbox.

greengoose Tue 15-Jan-13 14:56:29

We are back from the scan, and everything looks good. Right on dates (7+2), and a strong heartbeat. The little bean looks like a duck. Even very lovely staff (unusually so). They are offering a scan every two weeks, which was unexpected.
I don't know how I feel yet, I was completely expecting bad news. I think I feel like 'normal' people feel when they get a bfp, that I am now thinking I can consider myself slightly pregnant! Terrified though, but that's ok.

Rainbox, I hope your day is passing as easily and quickly as possible for you. My thoughts are with you. Xxx

Everyone else..... Thank you. I have been a gibbering wreck all week, (year), and you were very patient and kind. thanks

RainboxFX Tue 15-Jan-13 15:23:06

Green that is wonderful! So pleased for you smile I think the terror is normal. I hope the terror is normal! Really glad you will get regular scans. Even if it just serves to help you feel calmer, that can only be a good thing.

An hour to go still for me. It's been a very, very long day (week). Love to everyone xx

green excellant news, I think the way you are feeling is totally normal. I always have felt very detached from my pregnancies hence why I name the bump early. How exciting to be having a little duck! Lol. A scan every two weeks that amazing, at least now you have a goal to get to.

greengoose Tue 15-Jan-13 16:02:58

I know what you mean fan, while being scanned they asked if I wanted a picture, and I said no. John had to butt in and say 'she means yes'. I get the fear of attaching completely! ( but Dp was right, and I'm glad I have a picture of the duck, as it will now no doubt be known)!
Two weeks feels just about manageable, although its the same as with Merryn, so the comparison will always be there, but it would anyway.

RainboxFX Tue 15-Jan-13 17:42:16

A Greenduck for GreenGoose, lovely smile

We are also worried a bit about bonding this time round. Just so scared of being hurt again! But we do want this so badly.

All well at the scan here. Measuring 10+3, strong heartbeat and looked like they were having a tiny rave in there! No obvious reason seen for bleeding, no clots or bleeds in the womb or anything, so the doctor was happy to say it is just one of those things to keep an eye on but not worry about too much. She was much more positive and reassuring this week. Back in a fortnight for nucal fold and all those things.

Love to everyone, and than you so much for all your support. You are all amazing, and I appreciate it more than I can say.

greengoose Tue 15-Jan-13 18:03:43

RAINBOX... I'm so pleased/ relieved for you! It sounds much more 'sure' than last time, hopefully you can be a bit less worried now? (easier said, I know)! So there is only two weeks between us, that's exciting!

KleinePoppet Tue 15-Jan-13 18:09:02

Oh, what wonderful news! SO pleased for you both. Hurrah!

Ah fabulous grin Well done to the gosling and babybox <sending grow baby vibes> keep up the good work! I am thrilled. Hope you are both having relieved happy evenings xx

Oh phew ladies I am so relieved and pleased for both of you smilesmilesmile

My reluctance to bond with Holly when I was pregnant stayed until about 22/23 weeks. At that point I just thought I'd rather build as many happy memories as I could just in case the worse happened. It's definitely a coping mechanism. You'll find your own way through lovelies and we're all here with you xx

Excellant news rainbox and I'm liking the names, gosling and babybox.

Wonderful news ladies!

L had her first immunisations today. sad
Poor little thing got very upset when DH and I were enjoying his birthday dinner. I had to put her in the sling to calm her down, hope she doesn't suffer too much.

AngelGeorgie Wed 16-Jan-13 06:32:10

Fab news on the scans... Xxxx yippee...
It's so cold & crappy to travel. Works ; crap & Ant still looking for a job however, it is nearly my day off!!!!xxxconfused

hi all!! Back to everyday life now the family has disappeared (sad to see them all leave), so slowly catching up on news as I type one-handed while Finn sleeps in the other.

For the understandably nervous pg ladies - you might remember that I couldn't believe that something wonderful could possibly happen after Mia, and tried to 'ignore' my pg with Finn until I felt him move... I then realised that I didn't want Mia's legacy to her sibling to be about darkness, fear and grief when she was (and is) everything beautiful, hopeful and wonderful in this world. I owed it to her to dispel or contain those negative emotions. I'm not saying it was easy, and I still have all kinds of funny hang-ups, but I am holding Mia's precious gift to me, and he is so deliciously kissable!!

Ellypoo Thu 17-Jan-13 18:22:56

Fantastic news green and rainbox, I'm so pleased for you!
When are you due?

Am appreciating both of your words and coping strategies mias and wtw - feeling regular movements now so really reassuring, and have passed the 24 week milestone now. I have ordered somethings online from Boots today for my hospital bag - things that I will need either way, and I'm going to get bags packed pretty soon just in case anything does happen early. We are counting down now, rather than up - 12 weeks to go hopefully before this baby is delivered.

Good luck to Ant for his interviews angel

Waves to everyone else, have been thinking about you all - hope you are all keeping safe and warm in this cold! I have decided to not leave the house unless absolutely necessary, just not risking slipping or anything.

KleinePoppet Fri 18-Jan-13 08:28:39

How is everybody doing? Snowed in? Coping, in general, I hope...

I was a bit shaken yesterday - I saw a motorbike crash into a pram sad
I was a few cars ahead, and couldn't quite bring myself to get out of the car - obviously lots of other people did - but I stayed put until I was as sure as I could be that the baby wasn't seriously injured (although I'm sure he was taken to hospital and looked after there, he was breathing, maybe just a little too shocked to cry). So scary for the poor mother, and I hope so much that the little boy was fine. I was just sat in my car thinking, he MUST be ok, I can't possibly be witnessing another child's death...

Waves to mias and the gorgeous Finn, and hi to elly - well done you on buying something for your bag. A small step for most mothers, a huge one for you. And angel, I'm also thinking of Ant and hoping he has a successful interview soon.
Love to all xx

RainboxFX Fri 18-Jan-13 11:38:20

Oh god Kleine how terrifying sad Seeing that would shake anyone up, I hope you are feeling better. And I am sure baby will be fine, like you said though what a shock for the mother! Hoping you are having some peaceful days as well as busy ones and you find what you want to do job wise. Take care.

Elly glad to hear you are past 24 weeks. 12 weeks to go! Two thirds down! And I second Kleine, the baby bag is a big step. Hiding from the snow is a good call!

Mias glad you had a good time with family, I am sure Finn loved the entertaining! And you speak good sense. It's not that I am holding back from bonding with this one, but I imagine I will reach a point where I just can't help it. I would imagine when we start to feel movements.

Angel hope Ants job search is going well! FX

Blue poor L. I was at the midwife yesterday and it was immunisation day, I felt so sorry for all the tiny babies! We can't explain things to them, it's such a shame. Hope DH had a good birthday dinner, and L is feeling better.

How you doing Fan? I thought about you when watching the Lance Armstrong interviews, what a prat! We have renamed him Pants Pharmstrong. We think it suits him grin

WTW that is really good advice. I had such a happy pregnancy with Dexter, I would hate this one to be nothing but sadness and fear. We are happy and pleased but it is hard to remember that sometimes. I miss my innocent, naive days. Loving the pictures of your two in the snow. They look so happy.

Green Two weeks between us! That is pretty special grin Last time with us, the dr had said that the ultrasound showed baby was alright now, but that was no guarentee. And tbh that was about the only thing I heard and really focused on. This time she was much more positive, and I do feel much more reassured!

Spilt thank you for the cheerleading smile It really does mean an awful lot! Hope all is well chez tea.

Had my booking with the midwife yesterday. That was fun! Because of the spotting (I am A-, DH is A+) I had to have a massive shot of Anti-D in the backside. I swear the injection was the size of a coke can stuck to a knitting needle. I still can't feel one buttock. Perfect excuse not to go out in the snow!

greengoose Fri 18-Jan-13 15:24:28

We never get any decent snow in Devon! Might have to drive up unto the moor tomorrow in search of it!

KLEINE.... You poor thing, and that babies mother must have been out of her mind with panic. I'm so glad it wasn't as bad as it looked like it could have been, but just so scary...

WTW AND MIASMUMMY, I hadn't thought of it, but I am keeping my defences up this time round. I think 20weeks is the point for me, after that I might believe there is going to possibly be a baby. I might be kidding myself though, once I feel a wriggle that'll be me in love again!

ELLY, I can only second what others have said, wow to 24 weeks, and very well done for thinking about your bag. One day at a time....

ANGEL, are you off on Fridays or did you mean the WE? I'll have your snow, if that's ok. Very jealous! How's Ant coping with the job hunting?

BLUE... Hope L is feeling ok after her jabs, I hated getting mine done!

As for me... I've not felt sick yet today, which is freaking me out a bit. I hope it's all ok. I had to go to hospital to get bloods done today ( rubbish veins) . This means i should know how thyroid is coping in a few days, will feel better when I know I'm on enough meds.
Counting the days until the next scan, I can only hold onto feeling possitive for as long as it takes to get to the lifts in the hospital after the scan..... I'm a bit rubbish!
My boys have gymnastics tonight, so that will be a laugh, then on Saturday we go climbing, then on Sunday I'm 40! Not sure how I feel about that one!

Love to all, hope you are cosy and snug on this very wintry day! X

MelMal Sat 19-Jan-13 20:10:00

Hi ladies, not sure if any of you will remember me. Been completely off the radar for about a year now!! I just wanted to let you all know that I had a beautiful baby girl in June of last year. We decided on calling her Scarlett as that felt like it fitted with Her angel sister Ruby. Anyway, I've now found myself in the position of TTC baby number 3???? What a crazy time! I wanted to let those of you who remember me know and kind of apologise for my total disappearance xx

Mel congratulations! Beautiful name! Glad you're doing OK! Number 3 already wink

KleinePoppet Sat 19-Jan-13 20:51:22

I'm not sure I'll get on here tomorrow, so just wanted to wish green a wonderful birthday in advance! I know it won't and can't be the happiest of days - without Merryn, of course it can't be. But I hope you nonetheless feel spoiled and loved and special. I expect your best present will be the secret one that's snuggling up (and growing little arms and legs smile) in your tummy... and I hope so VERY much that he or she will arrive safely later this year, and will bring some joy back to you xx

rainbox how's your bum? grin

A quick wave hello and congratulations to melmal!

Much love to you all xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now