TTC or pregnancy on prednisolone or similar part 9

(999 Posts)
sarahs999 Fri 31-Aug-12 06:24:33
Lawlee Thu 24-Jan-13 20:45:56

Mollie I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time. You seem to have been through so much already and I can't imagine how horrendous it must have been. I am in awe at how strong you are though! I feel sure you will get your take home baby eventually and will have all my fingers and toes tightly crossed for your next scan. I hope you can plan a few things in the meantime to distract yourself a bit, even though I know how hard that can be!
Cartoon Empathise about your friend as my best mate is also 13 weeks and just sent me the scan pics. I am really happy for her but its really hard at the same time and I'm not even pregnant right now. Good luck for your scan next week too, really hope all is well.
Congratulations to Delta and Olives, so inspiring to see people get so close to meeting their little ones. Ruby too, 16 weeks is a great milestone I can't even imagine reaching. Hoping you start to feel better soon.
Rose not sure if anyone has said it but I read somewhere that being pregnant can cause palpitations, something to do with an increase in blood volume. I thought the pred could too, but maybe that was just if you have any caffeine (?) I'm not taking it just yet though so no experience directly I'm afraid. Hope the spotting goes away soon.
Thinking of Stogan, hope you got your results and Duggs, hope you are ok.
Ari how is the Wobenzym (sp?) going? I've not heard of that one before?
Oh and meant to say I loved the idea of donating Nk cells for research some day Kittens
Well Cd 2 here, not that I'm counting down the days till I can start trying with the pred. I hope the next cycle is less confusing!
Waves and big hugs to everyone else. X

mollieboo Thu 24-Jan-13 21:38:19

Hi lawlee thank you for such kind words.

rose lawlee just reminded me about your palpitations. I forgot to mention as I've been so wrapped up in my scan news, that I suffered quite bad palpitations when pregnant with my son, it can be normal due to extra blood flow as lawlee said. I mentioned it to a doctor at the hospital once, he just said to see how it went and let him know. Hopefully its a really good sign for you that everything's growing really well. I can imagine the pred making it worse too. Mine were always worst after eating my evening meal!

Yes its very difficult dealing with pregnancies and babies all around when we're going through all of this.

Keep strong and take care everyone xx

suemays Fri 25-Jan-13 11:50:02

Hi ladies,
Thought I would drop in as feeling a bit low today - it would have been my due day with Scarlet so will light a candle for her. Still feels so raw!
On the 2ww so I am hoping I will have some good news soon (fed up with saying that for the last 3 years now).

Hope everyone else is OK.

I get palpatations on the steroids too!

Arianrhod Fri 25-Jan-13 12:09:39

Oh sue, so very sorry. I will light a candle for her too. You're in my thoughts big hugs. Fingers crossed for some good news soon for you too!!

lawlee No clue about how the Wobenzym is going yet, I think it takes a couple of months before it shows effects. Certainly my eczema is still going strong! Bit odd taking 15 tablets a day but hey, when I way it up with all the other supplements I take, what's another 15? smile

/waves and good luck to everyone!

RubyD Fri 25-Jan-13 12:10:45

Rose - I got manic highs and palpitations on steroids too at the start but they petered off after a bit. Kind of miss the highs now actually smile

*Suemays - so, so sorry for your loss of Scarlet and wishing you a successful month. xx

hi sue we 'met' briefly before and I remember you saying that we were going to be TTC again at a similar time. I had been wondering how you were getting on. I'm sorry that its a hard day for you today. my Little one was due yesterday, but I know its no where near the same. I'm not very good with words at times but I have thought of u often. thanks

mercator Fri 25-Jan-13 13:49:43

Sue thinking of you today. I do hope you get some good news soon. You deserve a break and a good 2013!

mollie sorry to hear your news I know the waiting can feel an eternity until you know for sure one way or another.

cartoon hope you're hanging in there.

duggs hope you're ok?!

ruby like green olives mentioned the nauseous does ramp up a little. I found I just got a bit of a car sick feeling which fizzy water would cure! Just to reassure you with my pred baby she didn't move very much at all or felt like that due to the way she was lying so try not to get too hung up n movements at this stage.

roseandroli Fri 25-Jan-13 13:58:48

Dear sue my heart goes out to you on this day.

I had a such a horrible scare today. I was at a lunch party, and I was standing up and talking to someone when I felt a gush, I mean a massive gush, flowing out of me. I looked down and there were big drops of blood on the floor (I was wearing a skirt). I rushed to the bathroom and my legs were covered in blood. I thought for sure it's all over. Went to the hospital and had a scan, and thankfully all is still well. Pregnancy is still in there, growing, strong heartbeat. They called it a subchorionic bleed, whatever that means. They said there was still some blood in my uterus, but that my cervix was still closed.
I hope this is some comfort to those of you who have had a bit of spotting!
I have now been instructed to stay in bed.
Hope everyone else is doing okay.

Havingkittens Fri 25-Jan-13 14:11:56

Sue, I'm thinking of you today. I know how incredibly hard this is for you and that people in RL just don't understand the magnitude of what this time means for you. Sending you a big hug and keeping all digits firmly crossed for a BFP for you xx

Rose, I found both pregnancy and pred both gave me palpitations. I'm not on pred any more but now in my 3rd trimester ( shock !) and getting lots of palpitations and breathlessness due to all the squishing inside.

I'm sorry a lot of you are feeling despondent. Keep the faith lovely ladies. I was just about ready to give up after a year and a half of TTC at 42, so miracles can happen! Although, even at this stage I'm still waking up in the early hours panicking at not having felt movement all day. I've been making pretty good use of my doppler, thank you Mercator!

Great to hear from Delta and Olives, how many weeks are you both now? I've completely lost track. I think you were both a fair bit further along than me so you both must be madly trying to get everything ready. I've got just over 10 weeks left to go and so much clearing out to do in my flat! Done very well for hand me downs though, thank god!

Mollie, I really hope all works out well for you. That limbo period is just excruciating. When is your next scan?

oh good grief rose! how scarey. I'm so glad everything is ok. and in public as well! how did you explain that. look after urself.

BellyD Fri 25-Jan-13 15:57:29

Sue just popping in to send you a big hug, life is so very tough at times.

Duggs not sure I commiserated with you, was so full of hope for you. Hope you are doing ok.

mollieboo Fri 25-Jan-13 16:25:15

sue thinking of you today.

rose omg, what a terrifying day for you. What a huge relief for you that everything is ok.

kittens how wonderful that you are 10 weeks away from giving birth. I can't wait to hear news of more babies being born on here soon.

Thank you everyone for being so kind. I had a scan today at my epu, my sac is now 20mm and totally empty. Its only two days past my scan at New Life on Wednesday but I just couldn't bring myself to cancel it! My next scan is on Wednesday, I'm on Google constantly, mainly the 'misdiagnosed miscarriages' site. I think I'm praying for a miracle really as it looks likely to be a blighted ovum. On the positive side (!!!), my NK cells have usually attacked my pregnancies by 5-6 weeks. I'm 7 weeks today and am thinking that if it is a blighted ovum this would be due to something chromosomal. Surely the NK cells would kill off a pregnancy sac with no embryo in the same way they would kill off a sac with an embryo, and so far I haven't MC'd naturally so I feel that the treatment for NK cells is working. I can't believe my bad luck having a blighted ovum now on the treatment though - for the past 3 years and for 7 of my MCs I've been told it was probably 'chromosomal' when it wasn't, and now it probably is. Anyway, I guess I shouldn't give up yet in case there is a baby hiding away somewhere by some miracle. I'm probably babbling now so if anyone is still reading and is not totally confused by my theories, if you have any opinions let me know, has this happened to any of you whilst on the treatment?

Also, I don't know if I've said that my baby boy was called Oscar. I like people to know, that's all.

Hope everyone has got some nice plans for the weekend. I feel like getting extremely drunk but its not an option for now! x

mollie sorry there still isn't any better news. I was confused as well by the fact that my empty sac managed to survive the nk cells I had to have a d&c in the end I didn't even spot with that One. but my first preg got a little further along they saw a fetal pole no hb. I should have been aprox 10/11wks. I spotted throughout and started to mc naturally 4 days after the scan.
do nk cells get worse with each preg? it seems I've never got past 5/6wks.
sorry I've totally turned this round to me! I'd be interested to know if there us any truth in ur Theory.
anyway fingers crossed for your next scan. you just never know miricles do happen and someone like you deserves it.

GreenOlives Fri 25-Jan-13 16:49:54

Sue Thinking of you and little Scarlet today.

Hi kittens Less than a month to go for me!! Due date is 24th Feb! Excited and nervous! grin grin Your 10 weeks will fly by now - I remember chatting with DH when I had 11 weeks to go and that seems like yesterday!

Rose How terrifying! Glad all is well. smile

Mollie Still keeping everything crossed for you.

mollieboo Fri 25-Jan-13 16:51:41

Hi cartoon, thanks for the reply, don't be sorry its interesting to hear everyone else's experiences. Sounds like the same situation for me as with you last time, at least the nk cells are being kept in check even if its just really bad luck that the pregnancy went wrong for another reason. Which means that there is lots of hope for you now and for me next time if this one isn't meant to be, shouldn't write it off yet as Mr S hasn't. My MCs did seem to be getting earlier as time went on so I'm encouraged to have reached 7 weeks even though it appears to be going wrong. I hope I don't sound crazy saying that, I don't know where my optimism is coming from, I'll probably be back in the depths of despair tomorrow!

GreenOlives Fri 25-Jan-13 16:51:57

Oh and meant to say Oscar is a lovely name Mollie smile

I think its amazing your able to stay optimistic its the best thing for you at the moment. I remember finding loads of info online about about suspected blighted ovums and then everything being fine. at the moment there's no reason for that not be the case for you. Oscar is a beautiful name btw.
we're off to spend the weekend at dh's parents. I've been changing my mind about going constantly all week as I'm so nervous about mcing but really it makes no difference where I am if it happens it happens I can't just stay in the house all the time.

mollieboo Fri 25-Jan-13 18:29:36

Hope you have a good time. Keeping busy is good, even though its tempting to hibernate due to be being nervous about everything.

Clabbage Fri 25-Jan-13 19:06:52

Apologies for prolonged absence. Thinking of you today sue. Such a hard day.
mollie I really hope you are wrong but understand the need to frame it with both reality and optimism! thank you for sharing your precious son's name with us. Oscar is a lush name. My lost ds is called Harry and would astonishingly (for me) be 18 this year.
Thoughts go out to those of you having a hard time and the healthiest of vibes to those who have a little being on board.

mollieboo Sat 26-Jan-13 09:42:03

Hi clabbage, how are you doing? Harry is a top name, Oscar was almost a Harry but we couldn't decide until we saw him! Gosh 18, and I bet there's still not a day you don't think about him x

freelancegirl Sat 26-Jan-13 11:28:14

Hello all, can't keep up on the phone and moving house but just wanted to say thinking of you today sue and others who are struggling.

Mollie Oscar is a lovely name indeed. It might not yet be over with this pregnancy but I know what you're going through too. I had a blighted ovum on the treatment and those inconclusive scans are awful. I went to epu too for additional scans as I just wanted to get as many as possible. I had to just keep telling myself it was 'just one of those things' but it's still horrible as it feels such a waste of time and emotion. I hope it works out better for you.

mollieboo Sat 26-Jan-13 13:12:32

Hi free, happy moving today. Thank you for the info, sorry you had to go through that too. It seems that a lot of MCs on the treatment are because of reasons other than nk cells which is comforting to know, even though it seems so unlucky too for some of us. Feeling so down but this time I don't feel as though all hope is lost for future pregnancies.

freelancegirl Sat 26-Jan-13 17:24:45

Let us know how it goes. When is your next scan?

So glad to hear good news too, with all the ongoing pregnancies. Hope it continues for those still ttc and in the early stages of pg,

Kittens how are you feeling? Are you the first one to give birth at the mo? Hows granny?

sarahs999 Mon 28-Jan-13 19:48:17

I think I might be due next - c section 21 feb?

Havingkittens Mon 28-Jan-13 21:31:45

So, Sarah, then Olives and Delta due on the same day aren't you? Jemima before me and then Buster, Cate and Abney in that order. There are a few MIAs. I hope all's going well with everyone.

Mollie, how are you doing? When's your next scan?

Thanks for asking Free, my granny's health has improved a little and she's stronger, but her dementia is getting worse and worse and she is bored, angry and frustrated a lot of the time which is really hard. We have got live in care as of about a week ago, which was going pretty well but tonight she has been a complete cow to the girl who is very young so I hope she doesn't run off. My granny is usually an absolute sweetheart but every now and again she turns rather unpleasant. Because she's not in the "Continuing Care" system it means that if they deem it necessary they can have her put in a home regardless of what we want so we're desperately hoping it doesn't come to that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now