Assisted Conception (and the bits in between) Volume 10

(1000 Posts)
MoJangled Wed 13-Jun-12 14:23:19

Our new home, hope you all find me soon...

Twinkle2012 Thu 22-Nov-12 14:14:07

Good luck for tomorrow Wellerbabe!

Frosticle Thu 22-Nov-12 16:11:23

Twinkle my out of sync lining was picked up at a scan, during the monitoring cycle pre ivf. I could see it on the screen - follies all ready to pop and lining anything but ready!

The consultant said that it can just right itself the next month. Mine didn't.

Twinkle2012 Thu 22-Nov-12 20:31:21

Hi Frosticle - my lining is perfect except on a biochemical level. Right thickness etc but biopsy showed that it doesn't respond to progesterone levels - it takes 5 days longer than it should to be ready to accept an embryo in a natural cycle. I think they normally test for this after multiple ivf failure but i requested it after the first failed cycle as everything else was fine and I had a feeling the problem was with implantation (we are unexplained) ... X

vallinnapod Thu 22-Nov-12 20:52:31

Gosh, I hadn't even thought about lining issues...I just assumed if it were thick enough that meant the quality would be right. <<mental adds to anxiety list>>

Twinkle2012 Thu 22-Nov-12 22:03:24

Vallinnapod - sorry to add to your worries! If you want any info let me know! I dunno how much to believe, I'm a bit lost at the mo!

CaipirinhasAllRound Fri 23-Nov-12 07:52:15

Good luck for today weller

Am I meant to bleeding during down regging? I was expecting to but have only had a tiny bit of spotting so far and have been down regging for 16 days

CaipirinhasAllRound Fri 23-Nov-12 07:57:00

Forgot to ask, have you got any good tips about to eat/ not eat at various stages?

Thanks so much

Hope you're all well x

Twinkle2012 Fri 23-Nov-12 08:57:14

CaipirinhasAllRound - sorry I've only done short protocol so I don't know about down regging..

I do know that you should be drinking lots of water and lots of milk and eating plenty of protein - good for egg growth and implantation. Good luck! X

Pocket1 Fri 23-Nov-12 10:25:58

Happy Friday ladies

Good to see lots going on here… and thanks for all your kind words and support. Massively appreciated as always.

Sunny wonderful news that you’re happy with ARGC and got the nod from the bank – from what I’ve read on MN, you’ll be in very safe hands at ARGC. You so deserve this my dear. Any thoughts on start dates for you? Bet you cant wait to get going…

Weller well done you with your two gorgeous embies – hope ET went well yesterday. Rest, put your feet up and try to relax (if that’s possible) on your 2ww xxx

Badger how lovely to be so close to finishing work. Have you bought much/sorted nursery at home yet?

Sasha you going crazy yet trying to symptom spot? Hope you're doing okay. Not long till your scan now.

Yes Mini it’s a really fab moment to see/hear the heartbeat – I was so relieved having been there before and seen nothing. We got a couple of scan pics too which are a happy little reminder…

Mo I don’t think I’ll ever really relax totally, but I am feeling more positive as each day passes. Are you? Fashion advice was really the top button bobble trick and wearing boob tubes as bump covers (to hide the bobble). I don’t claim to be bumpy yet, I think the inability to do my jeans up is more to do with lack of exercise and the cocktail of meds I’m on… I know what you mean about looking forward to weaning yourself off the meds – the jabs get boring too don’t they?

Twinkle hope you’re feeling more positive – this journey is such a rollercoaster. Its normal for it all to get on top of you sometimes, but the hope of holding our little ones keeps us going. Hang on in there, it will happen for you.

Sorry not to namecheck everyone and big hello to anyone I’ve missed – special hello to Bugsy as I know you’re going through a tough time right now. Think of you often and miss you on this thread. xxx

AFM, I’m off to my GP today to go official – and plead that I can get prescriptions for the £1m per week I seem to be currently spending on meds! I’m feeling surprisingly nervous about going to my GP – feels weird having been on the AC bus for a year on the quiet and now I have to start talking about it in RL!!!

Don’t you stop believing
biscuitbiscuit

wellerbabe Fri 23-Nov-12 10:32:54

Happy Friday to you all too grin
One 2 cell and one 4 cell put back in yesterday so I am now on the bench!

Twinkle2012 Fri 23-Nov-12 12:07:57

Weller - hooray for you! The day after transfer is surreal and sublime - I love that day! Be positive, kind to yourself and as you call say - don't stop believing!

Pocket - how exciting to go official at the GP! I can't wait for that day. When I go to the drs I look longingly at the sign say "if you are pregnant please produce a urine sample" or whatever it says - that's you now! Hurrah!

Good luck to everyone - I will get to know you all and your stories soon enough but pls bear with me in the meantime :-)

Pocket1 Fri 23-Nov-12 14:44:40

Well I'm official! I'm seeing mw next Friday. And gp has given me prescriptions for all my meds - which is completely and utterly fantastic! And free!! grin

DSB
biscuitgrinbiscuit

Twinkle2012 Fri 23-Nov-12 14:47:40

Well done Pocket - you must be really happy! x

BadgerFace Fri 23-Nov-12 16:15:53

Ah Pocket that is fab news! And free meds to boot! We are putting together the nursery furniture this weekend. Well, I say we, I will mainly be directing and DH doing the heavy lifting...

Twinkle you will get to the day when you will need to do urine samples, don't stop believing (and that is also the day when you wee all over your hand, and sometimes jeans, in the process... blush )

weller good luck on the bench. Don't forgt to let us know when you start poking your norks in public to see if they're a bit sore... grin

I am going to a 40th birthday tomorrow and have to dress up as someone from Dallas or Coronation Street, neither of which I have ever seen. And my local charity shop didn't seem to stock much in he way of maternity fancy dress items... Will having big hair and over the top make up suffice do you think?

Happy weekend ladies!

Pocket1 Fri 23-Nov-12 17:18:42

Badger big hair and ott makeup sound great. If you can muster some shoulder pads (you could use socks), big earrings and a scotch glass too, you can go as Sue Ellen - in the early days she was married to JR. And liked a drink or two! x

Twinkle2012 Fri 23-Nov-12 18:07:08

Badger - Ha! Yes the wee samples will never be as glamourous as I imagine them to be will they! Can't believe you've never watched Coronation Street - I am an addict. I blame IVF etc - I take anything I can that resembles escapism (that's my excuse anyway).

MoJangled Fri 23-Nov-12 21:58:15

Hi girls

Sunny superb news and FWIW I really wish I could wind back time and make the same decision. I'm sure your strategy is spot on, both for getting that cuddly bundle in your arms and for peace of mind.

Pocket officialdom! brilliant and hope you have a saner booking-in process than I did.

Badger wow, setting up the nursery, that means it's really going to happen you know!

Weller brilliant, welcome to the loony bin 2WW and pamper yourself and those brave little embies!

So... sorry, Me Me Me alert...

I had a bit of spotting on Tues and Weds nights, but, primed by the received wisdom that the odd bit of spotting was nothing to worry about, accordingly didnt worry (much). Last night I had a soaked pad when I was getting ready to go to bed, so went to A&E instead. They examined me and said that my cervix was still closed so it was a threatened miscarriage rather than an actual miscarriage, and kept me in. This morning they scanned me, and found that my baby was dead. So I've been sent home to await the gory next steps. Sorry for breaking the chain ladies.

DH and I are completely numb. Darling, perky little 2YO DS has kept us going today but the mask must have slipped at one point because he looked at me this evening and said 'Mummy sad' and came and gave me a big cuddle and a kiss. I'm counting all my lucky stars that I have him and trying not to think about the next bit.

Thinking back, I think I even know when my baby died. It must have been around Thursday last week; my mood suddenly plummeted away from the slightly dopey pregnancy haze I've been in since the second half of the 2WW, I've had a headache constantly since then and I've behaved in an uncharacteristically cut-throat way.

This Doesn't Mean Any Of You Can Get Away With Stopping Believing

Beginningofthejourney Fri 23-Nov-12 22:02:05

So sorry to hear your news Mo :-( take care of yourself xxx

Hoophopes Fri 23-Nov-12 22:04:49

Mo so sorry to hear your news. take care of yourself and hug your ds lots.

vallinnapod Sat 24-Nov-12 00:39:45

Oh Mo, nothing I can say will make this any better. Just admire the amazingmess that is your DS and remember miracles are out there for the cuddling.

BadgerFace Sat 24-Nov-12 09:05:00

Oh Mo So sorry to hear your news. Look after yourself. xx

Twinkle2012 Sat 24-Nov-12 09:25:47

Sorry Mo x

Sashabella0 Sat 24-Nov-12 10:40:31

So sorry Mo xx

Pocket1 Sat 24-Nov-12 12:09:03

Mo sweetheart. I am so so sorry. I have no words. x

wellerbabe Sat 24-Nov-12 13:00:33

Mo so so sad for you I am very sorry sad xxx

This thread is not accepting new messages.