The All New TTC whilst Breastfeeding Support Thread

(1000 Posts)
haloflo Thu 17-May-12 12:52:09

Have a breastfed baby or toddler? Why not try for another one?! Who needs sleep anyway?

Come join us whether you are waiting for your first period in months or are are a few months into trying.

PearlyWhites Sat 08-Dec-12 18:10:41

Hi sorry if this has already been covered I don't have time to read the whole thread. I am ttc while breastfeeding ds six to seven times a day but not between 10pm and 7am (my dh gives him expressed milk) my periods have still not started even with long gaps between feeds so unsure what to do to bring on ovulation. I am 35 so am keen to ttc as soon as possible . Any advice would be great thanks.

By the way I am opening a bottle of wine tonight wine.

pearlywhites how old is your LO? Everyone is different. Some of the posters here are still feeding 10 times a day iirc. But mine came back when I was down to wake up, bed time and 1-2 through the night.

jennimoo Sat 08-Dec-12 18:53:37

pearlywhites my AF returned at 7 months while DD still fed every couple of hours day and night!

Jakeyblueblue Sat 08-Dec-12 18:55:12

Pearly mine came back when I went back to work so I had a gap across the day. I still fed ds lots in the night and still do now. Think everyone's different. Maybe you need to drop some in the middle if the day if you can? Also it's the nipple stimulation that delays ov not how much milk baby has so how often are you pumping? Maybe that's not helping?

The pound shop tests are 25ml sensitivity ones so pretty good.

The good news this end is that I text dh last night ( after he had gone to bed early in a mood) and told him I was sorry he had a bad day but he would have to come into him this morning as we didn't want to miss the opportunity! grin how romantic. I went in about 6 and he didn't seem to complain! grin
Nips feel a bit tender, few cramps and ewcm so I think it's on it's way. Ds slept way better last night too so am hopeful the break from constant night feeds will help too! smile

RainbowsFriend Sat 08-Dec-12 19:01:24

OLTT Would be nice to have a cycle buddy smile I'm pretty irregular though so we'll probably be out of sync pretty quickly!

PearlyWhites DD is 18 months - just had my second AF and she feeds LOTS day and night (Am older than 35 as well smile ) She feeds at least every 2 hours if I'm around (am pretty knackered with the night feeding and am considering night weaning for that reason), and I get a 7 hour gap now 4 days a week when I'm at work.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you then Jakey! grin

Zoon Sat 08-Dec-12 20:32:08

Ah Rainbows, what a disappointment. hopefully nxt time.
i am on day 29, dont think i have ov yet. charting all over the place. Lots of cm yesterday , none today. could it be months till next AF? have only had one af so far and DS feeds all n

Zoon Sat 08-Dec-12 20:33:29

Oops, sent before ready.
was about to say DS feeds all night long and lots in the day too

Zoon Sat 08-Dec-12 20:39:54

Pearly i am almost 37. af returned at 16 mnths.
oltt wine is good!!! i am on it too

jennimoo Sat 08-Dec-12 21:55:45

Well I think I might have ovulated early this month cd13 or 14 (yesterday or today) and its normally 15 or 16. Thankfully have been DTD a little more often and won't stop just yet. I reckon a high temp tomorrow will be likely.
When are you expecting to O jakey? Are we still in sync?

Jakeyblueblue Sat 08-Dec-12 22:35:58

Well it's cd14 today but I don't think I've ov'd yet. I usually get at least 4 or 5 days of ewcm before ov and I haven't had bad enough cramps yet. I'm thinking it will be another couple of days. You've got a better LP then me though so we will still prob be due around the same time smile

PearlyWhites Sat 08-Dec-12 22:36:39

Thank for your replies, ds is four months so I cant drop any feeds. I am thinking I will tcc properly at 6 months if I start ovulating. I dont feed at night as I have a medical condition that makes me extremely tired so I assumed my periods would cone back sooner. I got pregnant with ds when dd was 9 months but I wasn't breastfeeding her
due to medication. I know it's totally possible to have a healthy baby over 35 but it worries me too leave it too long.

PearlyWhites Sat 08-Dec-12 22:37:33

Also good luck to everyone ttc this cycle smile

Jakeyblueblue Sun 09-Dec-12 08:05:06

My friend hasn't fed her dd in the night since she was about a week old, she just always slept through. Dd is now just coming up to one and she's 11 weeks preg. Periods came back when she started her on solids so there's a god chance the same may apply to you smile

Jakeyblueblue Sun 09-Dec-12 09:41:20

Well that's a turn up for the books. confused
Ov pain this am so have done an old opk and its positive I think. Test line as dark as the the control line but not darker. Also got sore nips. Not masses of ewcm though, but its there.
Anyway, I think I've probably missed the boat. Dtd yesterday am and the day before but not this am or last night. Honestly didn't think it would be today so didn't pay my usual visit to dh this am! sad
I know the swimmers can live sometime but do you think I'm still in with a chance? No hope of doing it now as ds awake and step son is here too. Not much chance of tonight either as my mum stays over to look after ds on a Monday hmm
I did have pains last night so maybe I'm well into the process. Oh well probably no Xmas bfp in this house sad

jennimoo Sun 09-Dec-12 11:28:12

Can't believe you're Oing early too! I think yesterday am is well within the window so you have a reasonable chance! Do you think the b6 has affected your cycle?

Jakeyblueblue Sun 09-Dec-12 12:48:04

I know!!
This is much more like a pre pregnancy cycle so maybe the b6 has helped. Ov on day 14 or 15 would have been normal for me before ds so I am quite pleased. I guess I will have to wait and see if AF turns up in 10 days. If so, it hasn't worked at all confused
I'm not totally convinced this isn't one of those cycles where you gear up to ov, and then actually don't. Def have had milder ov symptoms this cycle. Had that in a previous cycle remember. Will be looking out for any more ewcm and dtd just in case.
It's all very odd hmm

Stay positive Jakey. You did dtd yesterday morning, so it's only a day the swimmers need to live. If we all need to dtd on the day of ovulation, there won't be so many of us around before opks would be?

Jakeyblueblue Sun 09-Dec-12 14:16:51

grin terror.

BigBoPeep Sun 09-Dec-12 17:13:34

rainbows - you could be right, she's stpped biting but has been a bit off and sleeping 3hr long naps....'trouble' is she's a stoical little thing, doesn't even cry if she bumps her head so i dont get many clues til whatever it is is really bad!

iwish - i'm one of the 'just shaggers' - wouldnt no where to begin trying to figure out my cycle without a period to go by! if we don't conceive by the end of jan i may start more investigations....

BigBoPeep Sun 09-Dec-12 17:14:33

i was taught in alevel biology that swimmers can live 8days - thats bound to be an average too so freakier things could happen than them living even longer...

Jakeyblueblue Sun 09-Dec-12 21:20:55

Neg opk tonight so looks like I have ov'd on time for once smile

Well I have cracked and ordered 20 opks from fertilityplan on eBay. Is it just me or everyone is buying or trying something new each month? It was the conception plus last month for me I think. Or it could have been the pregnacare conception instead of cheapie no brand frolic acid.

jennimoo Mon 10-Dec-12 11:35:47

I think trying / changing something helps me stay positive and feel like I'm doing something other than just DTD! Preseed for me. And something I remember doing when TTC DD: mooncup to keep everything in!

Jakeyblueblue Mon 10-Dec-12 12:09:17

I've considered the moon cup! Do you think it's with a go? hmm

This thread is not accepting new messages.