mid 30s, TTC #1, 2 years so far, fed up. anyone else?

(1000 Posts)
CaipirinhasAllRound Fri 13-Jan-12 18:51:14

Just wondering how many of us there are in the same boat

Bearface Fri 08-Feb-13 18:54:27

Hee hee MissB - made me laugh that you have an angry emoticon because you haven't seen any famous willies! grin

CaipirinhasAllRound Sat 09-Feb-13 09:24:32

I haven't seen any famous willies either! Did see Lawrence D'allaghio change his shorts mid game when we went to watch Wasps once, not quite the same but I think he's lovely!

CaipirinhasAllRound Sat 09-Feb-13 09:28:59

By the way I can recommend internet radios. I'm in bed listening to radio from Rio and imaging caipirinhas on the beach...

notnowImreading Sat 09-Feb-13 09:47:28

Ooh, yes, I saw Cumberbatch's too. That was more 'accidental glimpses' though, whereas Callow's was (almost too literally) in-your-face.

CaipirinhasAllRound Sun 10-Feb-13 19:16:37

Hi everyone
Did anyone do anything exciting this weekend? I've done nothing but sit on my arse for 2 weeks and am not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow. Fortunately I think the guy I sit opposite and can't stand is on holiday this week (seriously, who phones their girlfriend at work and calls her 'sweets' in front of everyone, ugh)

Soph80 Sun 10-Feb-13 19:52:46

I dream of a day dh calls me at work and calls me 'sweets' lol but yes this guy would still make me vom!

Attempted to de-stress and find my inner peace at pilates but it was cancelled so i came home and 'watched' my pilates dvd instead ooops!

notnowImreading Sun 10-Feb-13 20:54:54

I have done nothing, really. I read Gone Girl (recommended) and marked a set of year 10 exercise books (not recommended). Ate stew. Watched The Hangover II. It was quite soothing. DH got cabin fever but sitting around not doing much is my natural state.

missbrightside Mon 11-Feb-13 09:47:41

Mine was wild. Involved a jumble sale ... lunch in a pub ... a bit of Crocodile Dundee II ... that programme about otters (which was excellent - watch it on catch up if you can !) ... an afternoon siesta ... and a quorn roast !!!

With all that excitement it will be hard to get into work mode today ...... !!

Keeping those fingers crossed for you this week Caiphirinas

xxx

missbrightside Mon 11-Feb-13 09:58:00

PS : Caiphirinas I share your pain. I can't stand the girl I sit (almost) opposite. And even more so now that she is pregnant .......

(I seriously thought about asking to move when she announced it)

Aggh ... I can here her awful voice now as I type. Wonder if she is currently on the pregnancy forum slating me ............ ?!!!!!!

Wonder if the man you sit opposite is also the man I often end up sitting near on the train home ? He's probably in his 30's. His weedy voice just doesn't match the rest of him. When I overhear the conversations with 'baby' it's like overhearing two teenagers having a telephone call. He makes my teeth itch !!!

I could just sit somewhere else or stop earwigging

xx

Bearface Mon 11-Feb-13 19:37:05

Arf Caipirin and Notnow on celeb willies! You should watch the rugby - there was loads of short pulling and subsequent rugby bums over the weekend - hilarious! grin

Sounds like you folks have all been on half term or on hols. Mine starts on Thursday - can't wait!

Feeling exhausted at mo - just had to get into bed when I got home this pm! I was up uber early though.

Arf MissBrightside - 'he makes my teeth itch'! grin I almost feel compelled to tell people on the train when they are irritating me. DH holds my hand really tightly so I can't get out of my seat! I think some people 'forget' they are in public. Losers.

Soph80 Mon 11-Feb-13 21:50:52

Ah the joys of working in the community. If anyone annoyed me (not that they do in my new job), I'd just get in my car and go and see a patient! x

missbrightside Tue 12-Feb-13 08:44:43

It really is time for me to get a new job as EVERYONE annoys me at mine !!

Incidentally, whenever I look back at a post I've written I'm shocked all the mistakes I make !!! How on earth did I write 'here' for 'hear' and 'willys' for 'willies' blush. In my defence I'm usually in a rush and just bash out anything !! I will NEVER tell you what I do in real life because you will wonder how I ever do it (really nothing exciting - but does require good written skills and attention to detail !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Then again, rarely write the word 'willies' down ........ !

Not Now Funnily enough Gone Girl is in my Amazon basket for when I run out of things to read. Since I've got a Kindle I keep reading utter rubbish because I usually read free books as I feel cheated spending a fiver on a download !

Bearface My tolerance with people on trains is next to zero (I commute - no idea how I've stuck with it for so long). I've been known to get up and move just because someone has got out a (large) bag of crisps ........

Soph Are you a nurse ? Having had what seems like hundreds of appointments over the last year or so it never fails to amaze me how caring some people are. Hats off to you ! I think I'd last a day at the job because as I've said I hate the public and am easily irritated !!!

Right - must stop wittering ! I had an appointment at ARGC yesterday (still part of the monitoring cycle) and have a second appointment with a gynaecologist tomorrow. I'm still trying to arrange a Hysterescopy on my health insurance. I had an inital appointment with the loveliest female gynaecologist last week who is ... lets just say ... very aware of what insurance companies will and won't approve wink (albeit that I haven't yet had the procedure approved yet !) So if anyone ever needs her details ..... ! She's London based.

x

CaipirinhasAllRound Wed 13-Feb-13 08:37:49

Morning everyone
So I tested this morning using the test from the clinic and got a BFN
But 10 mins later (6 mins after I was meant to look) there was a faint line! I know I can't rely on that so managed to squeeze out a bit more wee for a different test and got a v faint line on that so I'm none the wiser!
Our clinic doesn't do a blood test so will call them and I guess test again in the morning
Grrrr

missbrightside Wed 13-Feb-13 11:01:39

Oh god Caiphirinas What a nightmare ! Do another one ! I'll stand corrected but I'm sure First Response say that you can use them at any time of the day but double check that - I don't want you weeing on a fiver unnecessarily

Keeping those fingers crossed for you xxx

Pomatron Wed 13-Feb-13 12:56:14

caipirinhas Like brightside said a lot of the early response tests don't need first morning urine, just that HCG is more concentrated then. I know the HCG levels double every 2 days so tomorrow you may get a stronger line. Fingers crossed for you, but I have a good feeling smile xx

CaipirinhasAllRound Wed 13-Feb-13 13:55:12

The clinic called and said to test again Friday (and of course I will also be testingagain tomorrow) but as it had only been a few minutes rather than half an hour they would assume it's positive!
Will keep you posted x

missbrightside Wed 13-Feb-13 14:08:16

Oh Caiphirinas that's so exciting !

xxx

Bearface Wed 13-Feb-13 17:45:20

Caiphirinas - that's brilliant! I really hope it is for you! grin How long have you been TTC? (Sorry I'm quite new here, so I don't know everyone's background stories, but guessing it's more than 2 years???)

CaipirinhasAllRound Wed 13-Feb-13 17:52:30

Thanks bearface. It's been a bit over 3 years with no sniff of a BFP! How about you?

Bearface Wed 13-Feb-13 18:06:56

I came off the pill in August 2011, but (and I realise how dumb DH and I sound here) we didn't realise how strategic it is until about a year later (work was very busy so we weren't focusing on it and were just 'seeing what would would happen'). We also had to have a couple of breaks so I only count us actually trying in earnest from July 2012, which would make it 18 months if you count our faffing, or 8 months if you don't. It doesn't seem that long now when you say you've been trying for 3 years blush. I'm so pleased for you! xx

notnowImreading Wed 13-Feb-13 20:48:52

Squeee! It sounds good...everything's crossed for you Caipirinhas. X

CaipirinhasAllRound Thu 14-Feb-13 10:32:22

Another incredibly faint line this morning, but a line nonetheless

Will be stocking up on first response tests at lunchtime

Keep your fingers crossed, this thread could be having an upturn!

Pomatron Thu 14-Feb-13 11:00:39

caipirinhas that's great smile looks like 2013 will be a better year. Xx

FabiOne Thu 14-Feb-13 18:23:13

caipirinhas - congratulations, about time this thread had some good news!! I have been following things for last few weeks and really routing (sp?!) for you to have a good outcome. Fantastic news after so long!! Xxx

notnowImreading Thu 14-Feb-13 19:00:02

Congratulations! That is fantastic news. You are NOT allowed to leave us though - we definitely need the good news on the thread, even if you are no longer fed up.

This thread is not accepting new messages.