Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Flat head syndrome

(6 Posts)
BlondieBrownie Fri 06-Jun-14 19:49:31

My DS is 9MO and has some flatness on the back of his head.

He won't sleep in any position other than on his back in his cot and I keep him from laying on his back during the day as much as possible excluding his nap.

It is very noticeable now and I am wondering if anyone has any experience or advice to offer?

TribbleWithoutATardis Fri 06-Jun-14 19:52:34

I've had two with flat spots on their heads, one is three and a half and the other is 15 months. They've both got round heads now and look fine.

BuzzardBird Fri 06-Jun-14 19:56:34

I had a special pillow for dd that stopped flat head (bought because Dh has really flat head) wad like a doughnut

I was worried about my DS at a similar age. He too would only lie in one position, not matter how hard I tried to get him to change.

Now he's 14 months and his hair has grown quite a bit. He still has a slightly flat back of his head, but only I notice it. His hair covers it nicely, and I think it's rounded out a bit too.

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Thu 12-Jun-14 23:37:13

He'll grow out of it. It's harmless

lornemalvo Thu 12-Jun-14 23:53:03

I know a boy who had a totally flat head as a baby. Totally totally flat. His head is head shaped now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now