Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Joseph's ongoing journey with Neuroblastoma

(998 Posts)
Trazzletoes Mon 13-May-13 22:24:21

I've lost count of the thread number now, but my 3 year old DS, Joseph, was diagnosed with an aggressive cancer called neuroblastoma last year.

Part-way through treatment he has relapsed (currently still clarifying that, but it's almost guaranteed) and at that point long-term survival is less than 5%.

He is beautiful and wonderful.

OrWellyAnn Tue 14-May-13 01:45:54

Think of you and Joe often. I just signed up for race for life, inspired and humbled by your journey and your bravery in sharing it. X

MyShoofly Tue 14-May-13 03:13:49

thinking of you and Joe Trazzles....still here wishing I could hold your hand from across the wide world.

BarmeeMarmee Tue 14-May-13 04:39:53

Thinking of you all often Trazzles. Fantastic about the toilet training! My boy could learn a thing or 2 from Joe (I wish!)

Wonderful Trazzle family,in my thoughts daily x

ripsishere Tue 14-May-13 04:55:05

DD and DH remember Joe in their prayers.
I am always encouraging people to donate too. Not in Malaysia, that wouldn't be any good whatsoever, however those in the UK are hounded.

PseudoBadger Tue 14-May-13 05:56:17

Still here for you all xx

infamouspoo Tue 14-May-13 05:58:31

think of you often but lose track when the threads are huge. Hugs to you all.

SarahJinx Tue 14-May-13 06:22:34

Thread 5? Pretty much always thinking of wonderful Joe, hoping right by your side for a miracle and thinking that if anyone deserves one.....anyway, holding your hand.

blue22 Tue 14-May-13 06:27:58

I'm here too still thinking of you all and praying that the news on Friday is miraculous x

mynameisnotmichaelcaine Tue 14-May-13 06:33:46

Thinking of you every day.

TicTacSir Tue 14-May-13 06:57:16

A big splodge of light from Devon too. x

peggyblackett Tue 14-May-13 07:03:35

Thinking of you and your lovely Joe.

ninja Tue 14-May-13 07:18:02

Thinking of you as ever and the strong and determined Joseph. ((And still keeping gingers firmly crossed for Friday))

blizy Tue 14-May-13 08:03:33

Thinking of you all and still splodging away. X

Mama1980 Tue 14-May-13 08:07:51

Still thinking of you and joe xx

ArabellaBeaumaris Tue 14-May-13 08:46:53

I'm thinking of you too.

Hullo Trazzles! Signing in for the new thread. Fab to hear Joe is feeling better in himself. I like to imagine him zooming about with his zimmer, whacking you in the shins with it! grin

Again as always, whatever you need, just ask. Much love to you all.

Halfling Tue 14-May-13 11:13:57

Thinking of Joe.

Just signing in to remind anyone who hasn't been nagged encouraged by me lately to give up some of your BLOOD.

We cant all send Joe presents, Trazzles does not like the idea of sending her money, we cant all hug him or Trazzles at once (they would be submerged by a huge weight of vipers)
But what we can do for Joseph and all the children going through this is DONATE BLOOD.

Being worried about a little needle and a lie down is NOTHING compared to what Joe has gone through. It is something practical that many of us CAN do. And what's more, lots of people who can't give blood have shamed encouraged someone else to give on their behalf.

Thank you (dismounts hobby horse)

TheOldestCat Tue 14-May-13 16:04:12

Seconding Norks and her hobby horse. I did my first donation last week (successful, anyway, had tried years ago but my blood pressure was too low). I was nervous as anything but it was EASY PEASY and painless and, like she says, NOTHING compared to what Joe and other children have gone through.

Sign up now! Do it, do it! You get a chance to sit down for a bit and have free crisps and squash.

Trazzles - thinking of you and your beautiful boy x

ItsOkayItsJustMyBreath Tue 14-May-13 16:12:03

Splodges from a mizzly Sussex Trazzles, you are in my thoughts daily x

YAY for theoldestcat well done!

onedev Tue 14-May-13 18:43:13

I'm still here & thinking of you all too. Go Joe & using the toilet! Glad things have been brighter.

MelodyBaker Tue 14-May-13 19:18:36

Still in my thoughts x

Still splodging away on the Sussex coast... Your family is never far from my thoughts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now