Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD ill, in hospital, I'm at home with the baby :-(

(36 Posts)
MsInterpret Fri 10-May-13 19:00:10

Just looking for a bit of hand holding really as I'm by myself and away from her.

DD(3) sent to hospital by GP this afternoon with tummy cramping, raging temp, high pulse, shallow fast breathing. They think some kind of infection. She also has a weird rash on her leg hmm

I've been with her since then - she's had a cannula put in for anti-bs tho not had them yet as well as some medicine in her bottom confused bc she spat out the oral ibuprofen...

Now I've come home to feed the baby (7mth) so DH stayed but hope to go back later. Am on autopilot, bathing dd2 & now feeding. Don't know what I'll do w myself when she goes to bed. Ha! This'll be the one night without bedtime dramas to keep me occupied won't it?

BeaWheesht Sat 11-May-13 02:37:26

And and and and

Startail Sat 11-May-13 02:47:02

Hope she feels better soon. Your DH won't. I'm only 5'4" and I'm to tall for those fold away beds. I suspect your DH won't have got much sleep.

Hope your DD is much improved this morning and discharged today.

Agree about the fold-out beds!

SwishSwoshSwoosh Sat 11-May-13 08:09:08

Hope things continue to improve today x

Lizzylou Sat 11-May-13 10:37:41

Hope Dd is better today smile

FurryFox Sat 11-May-13 12:57:45

How is dd today? Hope she's feeling better smile.

MsInterpret Sat 11-May-13 18:14:32

Allowed to come home but not discharged yet. Back tomorrow for more IVs then blood results Monday. Hopefully will just say a viral infection, nothing nastier, then officially discharge.

Phew. Relieved.

Thanks again for all your kind words & thoughts, was a great support. smile

At least you're all back in your own beds. The postponing discharge is just a precaution on the offchance she has to go back in - makes it quicker.

All the best and hope she gets over it very soon.

TheSecondComing Sat 11-May-13 18:48:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FurryFox Sat 11-May-13 18:58:50

Glad she's home, fingers crossed bloods will all be ok. Hope you get a good nights sleep tonight smile.

Lizzylou Sat 11-May-13 20:50:38

Glad she is home smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now