Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chickenpox advice please

(5 Posts)
mum2RandR Sun 17-Feb-13 13:23:14

Thanks so much for your replies! Haven't been on mumsnet for ages but knew if I posted on here I would get the advice I needed. Thanks again :-)

DD had chicken pox the week before last, now DS has it. We bathed them with bicarb and it helped soothe the itching. Calamine cream and piriton syrup are also good.

LIZS Sun 17-Feb-13 11:38:50

Tepid water not hot

BeaWheesht Sun 17-Feb-13 11:36:27

Bicarbonate baths are amazingly soothing ime

mum2RandR Sun 17-Feb-13 11:04:51

My 5 year old dd developed chickenpox on Friday. The spots have just started itching & haven't crusted over yet. I haven't bathed or showered her as I heard you are supposed to keep the spots dry, but have read on the internet that people give their kids baths with oatmeal or bicarb of soda.
So was hoping somebody could tell me what the best way to go is - bath or no bath! Thanks :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now