Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hand,foot and mouth disease

(3 Posts)
Eliru Sat 16-Feb-13 12:20:16

Thanks. I thought that was probably the case. Slightly concerned now about my 7week old catching it but no signs yet...

RichManPoorManBeggarmanThief Sat 16-Feb-13 11:47:11

You do need to stay indoors unfortunately as its very contagious and some kids really suffer with it. It's a real PITA. I don't think you need to see your GP unless you want the diagnosis confirmed and to check its not something else.

Eliru Sat 16-Feb-13 11:44:28

Hello my 18 month old ds has hand, foot and mouth disease (I know from playing with one of nct friends babies) but doesn't seem at all bothered by it. No fever just tiny red spots on hands, feet and nappy area. Do we need to stay indoors? And should I take him to GP or just wait for it to pass? Thanks for any advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now