Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Joe vs. The Cancer

(1000 Posts)
TrazzleMISTLEtoes Sat 08-Dec-12 23:26:34

My 3 year old DS, Joseph was diagnosed with the cancer Neuroblastoma in October.

Survival rates are approximately 1 in 3.

He's coming to the end of chemo and so far, chemo is kicking cancer's butt. 3 cheers.

lougle Tue 26-Feb-13 12:58:10

^ ^

lougle Tue 26-Feb-13 12:57:59

^ ^

lougle Tue 26-Feb-13 12:57:51

^ ^

Trazzletoes Mon 25-Feb-13 21:43:04

Nice to see a smile.

Chin up joe x

Trazzletoes Mon 25-Feb-13 21:40:01

Thanks all. He has had a quieter day today, no playing but he has smiled at the tv. It's all expected still though.

Digestive system is still not working <sigh> and his thumb is infected - either with bacteria or fungus, no one is sure but it should be ok.

Levels of liver stuff suggest he may have the start of the VOD liver disease. Or he may not. We'll know within a couple of days.

Hurray for neutrophils and playing!

kohl Mon 25-Feb-13 21:28:40

Brilliant news on the neutrophils-go go Joe!

Still lurking and still holding you all in the light.

grin

VenetiaLanyon Mon 25-Feb-13 10:57:04

Come on the neutrophils! x

thewhistler Mon 25-Feb-13 09:43:11

Splodging for all those neutrophils.

Perf bowel a nuisance if it happens but controllable.

Go, Joe, go white blood cells and you little neutrophils.

Go Trazzle.

bobkate Sun 24-Feb-13 22:45:06

Fab news smile Keep going Joe - what a trooper x

Ahhh. Playing Joe grin Love it.

I know I'm just a dude on a thread, but I am so impressed with the detail and level of communication from the doctors through this stage.

Gingers crossed for his intestines.

I know it's probably the last thing you need at the moment but the thread is about get to 1000 posts. I'm sure that, if you want to continue, there are many who would continue with you, Joe and your family on your difficult journey. Likewise, I for one would understand if having one less thing to worry about would be a relief. No pressure either way but letting you know we're with you if you want us.

<dons pompoms> goooooo neutrophils

Badvoc Sun 24-Feb-13 21:09:54

Great news on neutrophil count! smile
Bless him, he is so, so brave.
You must burst with pride whenever you look at him smile
Thinking if you all x

dikkertjedap Sun 24-Feb-13 21:00:28

Great that he managed to smile and play smile smile smile.

Good news that his neutrophils are rising. smile

Very much hope that he is over the worst bit. Hoping for another good day tomorrow.

Trazzletoes Sun 24-Feb-13 20:40:48

Another reasonable day today with smiles and playing etc. not quite as energetic as yesterday but I suspect he overdid it a bit with his enthusiasm.

His intestines have slowed down more which is a bit concerning as the Drs are worried this could lead to a perforated bowel but they are keeping a close eye on him. His neutrophils (the bits that fight infection) are on the up and up though, thank goodness!

barefootcook Sun 24-Feb-13 20:36:46

Hi Trazzle

Lovely news about the dominos and Joe's out stretched arms and smile. Keep remembering that when things are not going so well. Hope you all have a good night. Thinking of you all. xx

Lovely update, all slowly heading in the right direction.
I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through and what to echo the words of another poster - Just keep swimming Trazzle family, you will get through this.

Still sending thoughts, good wishes, splodgings and crossed gingers.

xx

thewhistler Sun 24-Feb-13 18:43:32

Isn't it lovely how affectionate he remains, what s stalwart loving little boy he is.

V good news about the white blood cells.

Continuing to think and Splodge.

N0tinmylife Sun 24-Feb-13 17:23:56

So glad to hear there are signs of improvement! Long may it continue!

giddypants Sun 24-Feb-13 16:43:29

Go joe!! grin gringrin

onedev Sun 24-Feb-13 16:27:06

Glad things are going in the right direction - long may it continue. smile

IwishIwasmoreorganised Sun 24-Feb-13 13:02:22

Great to hear that his white cells are on the up. That's just brilliant. Hope things keep heading in the right direction, little steps will add up to great big strides in the long run.

Xxx

..still splodging & gingers crossed

This thread is not accepting new messages.