Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Joe vs. The Cancer

(1000 Posts)
TrazzleMISTLEtoes Sat 08-Dec-12 23:26:34

My 3 year old DS, Joseph was diagnosed with the cancer Neuroblastoma in October.

Survival rates are approximately 1 in 3.

He's coming to the end of chemo and so far, chemo is kicking cancer's butt. 3 cheers.

tholeon Fri 28-Dec-12 20:53:41

So glad, I hope you all have many, many more good days together. We will all be with you through the mountains xx

BeginningtoffeealotlikeXmas Fri 28-Dec-12 21:05:23

That is wonderful news, Trazzle smile.

onedev Fri 28-Dec-12 21:16:03

So pleased that the news was good. Here's hoping that continues & the mountains aren't very high. Thinking of you always & wishing you the very best.

NorksAreTinselly Fri 28-Dec-12 21:39:50

All those lights all over the world shining out for Joe.
All those crossed gingers.
All that love coming your way.

I am delighted for you all smile

TrazzleMISTLEtoes Fri 28-Dec-12 22:00:18

Oh Buffy, there's an AIBU thread about the, er, other Buffy grin

GO Joe! Good news smile

Hope you re feeling a bit better trazzle.

You are all an inspiration

TrazzleMISTLEtoes Fri 28-Dec-12 22:57:49

Feeling a bit better ta. Hospital required me to go to my GP today for a formal diagnosis (despite looking like a textbook case) and lovely GP has given me an antiseptic mouthwash which takes the edge off.

onedev Fri 28-Dec-12 23:01:12

Glad you're remembering to look after yourself too (even if the hospital made you grin). Really pleased for your good news & hope it continues.

That's good. It's only to be expected that you are run down but really last thing you need is to feel even worse. Life is just unfair sometimes isn't it?..

BuffyFairyTopsTheTree Sat 29-Dec-12 00:45:35

Marvellous news Trazzle. grin Joe is such a strong, courageous boy. Another step closer to beating this bastard disease. Each hurdle at a time.

What do you mean the other Buffy? I am Buffy. True fact. grin

<slinks off to find other thread>

thewhistler Sat 29-Dec-12 00:58:32

Excellent news, as good as you could get.

Now look after yourself as well.

Splodge back in the wilds of London.

toomuch2young Sat 29-Dec-12 09:15:01

Wonderful, every little hurdle is still a mountain worth of good if that makes sense.
Hope you begin to recover soon mouth ulcers are so sore!
Splodges for all the Trazzle family.

TrazzleMISTLEtoes Sun 30-Dec-12 22:51:07

Just a quick update to say J is currently going from strength to strength! I put his jeans on him today and almost couldn't do them up! Absolutely delighted as, if you remember, he lost 2kg in the first couple of weeks and has never regained his weight since then.

I suspect he is currently at or around his original weight again. It's good because we have been told he will be unable to tolerate any food when he has the high dose chemo. He will have to be fed intravenously <boak>. He is going to need all the fat reserves he can get.

He was always a daddy's boy and it has been very odd seeing him morph in to a mummy's boy who often doesn't want anything to do with DH. It's been lovely that, as he has felt more boisterous, he has just wanted Daddy again. Not interested in me at all. I used to get a bit jealous inside - now I'm glad to have a break grin.

He still hasn't opened all his presents , but first thing this morning he watched the Thomas video and then acted it all out with Luke the train on his train set. Thank you.

Love the matching flannels!

And a special thank you to Jack. Joe asked Santa for cars and films. He was very excited to open your present. Although he knows the cars didn't come from Santa, he suspects he may have passed a message on to you.

Thank you all so much for your generosity. I'm still feeling ropey so will leave it there.

onedev Sun 30-Dec-12 22:52:55

So glad to hear your good news. Long may it continue. grin

narmada Sun 30-Dec-12 23:11:41

Me too - well done you all.

Hope you feel better soon, Trazzle.

IwishyouaMerryChristmas Sun 30-Dec-12 23:19:34

Lovely to hear that he's doing so well and setting himself up for the really tough chemo. It'll all help.

Sorry to hear that you've not been well, hope you're beginning to feel better.
Xx

Fantastic news trazzle.

Last new years eve two week old ds was in icu on a ventilator & we weren't sure if he would make it.

Fast forward a year & he is right as rain but today I am praying for all those who are spending tonight by hospital beds praying for their own children to be happy & healthy next new years eve.

So thinking of you & joe & your family & may 2013 bring you joy

crashdoll Mon 31-Dec-12 09:47:31

Lovely news. Wishing you, Joe and the family a happy and healthy 2013 x

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 31-Dec-12 09:47:43

smile Such good news Trazzle. May he go from strength to strength to strength to strength!

All best wishes and love for 2013

Xx

fraktion Mon 31-Dec-12 11:09:59

That's wonderful news! Go Joe!

Wishing you all the best for 2013.

thewhistler Mon 31-Dec-12 11:38:40

Fab news and how lovely for your DH too.

A good 2013 for you all.

Just passing by to wish you the very best for 2013.

Great to hear Joe's progress. The boy is made of stern stuff.

superfluouscurves Tue 01-Jan-13 21:30:26

Trazzles so good to hear that things are going well - a really positive start to the New Year! xx

dikkertjedap Tue 01-Jan-13 22:35:17

Such good news! smile smile smile

Hope you will feel better soon as well.

Fingers, gingers, everything crossed for the next stage.

saffronwblue Tue 01-Jan-13 22:40:07

So pleased to hear your good news.

This thread is not accepting new messages.