Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dizzy spells, 3 year old

(3 Posts)
shubiedoo Wed 28-Nov-12 18:30:59

Thanks for posting! I'm wondering now if her reaction is worse than the actual problem and it's almost like a panic attack...

twilight81 Tue 27-Nov-12 22:17:37

That happened to my friends little boy... It was some type of vertigo. I should imagine her heart beats fast as she is frightened... Poor little thing xx

shubiedoo Tue 27-Nov-12 13:47:02

My dd started having brief dizziness when she was 2. She gets very upset, screaming and clinging to me or dh. It passes quickly (less than 5 min total episode.) Because her heart would beat really fast as well, we've seen a paed cardiologist, who did ECG and said nothing to worry about.

This used to only happen maybe every couple of months, but now much more often, nearly every week/10 days. The last two were at ballet class and preschool, with teachers/kids worried about her, luckily I happened to be there waiting and could go in to comfort her.

We now have a neurologist appt coming up. Anyone else have this? Is it toddler vertigo? Thanks for reading!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now