Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone with experience of adenoids and grommets op for 2yo

(2 Posts)
beautifulgirls Wed 21-Nov-12 20:02:43

DD#1 had it done around the same age. She was sleepy and a bit tearful for around half an hour after she woke up, then she ate all the lunch I had brought along for her and most of mine too! She had to stay for around 4 hours post op for observation, but spent most of that following the nurses around the ward "helping" and playing in the play. In the following days honestly you would have had no idea. We kept her away from other children (except her sister of course).

HeavenlyWineandRoses Wed 21-Nov-12 01:03:26

My 2.3 year old is having an adenoidectomy and grommets in next week and I'm getting nervous.

Anyone know how he's likely to feel immediately afterwards, the next day and a week later. Also, we've been told to stay away from nursery for two weeks. Does this mean we have to stay in the house or can we go to the park / shops and have playdates with healthy kids?

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now