Do you remember Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume? I just reread it, and a load of Paula Danziger books

(27 Posts)

and TE ages surprising well.

So sad. Found I sympathised a LOT more with the mum than I did when I read as a child. Also it was a bit political - all the stuff about Los Alamos and her Uncle's views on why have nuclear weapons - which I also missed when I was younger.

(Also been rereading Paula Danziger, wish I hadn't. Loved as a child but now - so poorly written! And VERY dated. The Cat Ate My Gymsuit, The Pistachio Prescription, etc)

Wish Judy Blume books were available on Kindle!

SavoyCabbage Sun 26-May-13 09:05:58

My dd (9) is reading Blubber for literacy.

Tiger Eyes is one of my favourite books, I read it 100's of times when I was younger, still have it and haven't read it for ages, must dig it ou!
I loved Deenie too, the mothers in those two books had real character that I didn't understand when I was younger!!!
I also used to love Homecoming and Dicey's Song which were by Cynthia Voigt I think, and Second Star to the Right (-about anorexia) which is brilliantly written by Deborah Hautzig.
And then there was am English book I think called Your Friend Rebecca, by Linda Hoy which was about a girl whose mum died.
Must dig them all out and re-read them!!grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now