Saddest Harry Potter moment?

(50 Posts)
Verycold Sun 14-Apr-13 23:53:59

Dobbie's death, no question.

Also feel very moved by Harry not being able to tear himself away from the mirror where he can see his parents.

DoreensEatingHerSoreen Mon 15-Apr-13 00:00:22

Sirius' death for me no question hmm hmm hmm

DoreensEatingHerSoreen Mon 15-Apr-13 00:02:36

Also if my Dsis was on MN she world be voting for Harry seeing Snape's true colours when he added his tears to the pensive, she cries at that bit every time, book and film

Primrose123 Mon 15-Apr-13 00:02:54

I remember walking into DD's room when she was about 10 to find her sobbing. I thought something awful had happened, but she just said, "Oh mum, Dumbledore is dead!"

MrsWolowitz Mon 15-Apr-13 00:05:24

The Weasley twin's death. So sad.

FannyFifer Mon 15-Apr-13 00:11:57

When Harry is walking to what he thinks is his death and all those that have died are there and he says "stay with me" [sob]

i agree, definitely Dobbie. sad

NuhichNuhaymuh Mon 15-Apr-13 00:14:54

Dobby's death is very sad, because he was being so selfless, also because of where in came after so many losses

clattypatty Mon 15-Apr-13 00:18:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gorjuss Mon 15-Apr-13 00:20:45

I was sad when I finished the last book. I didn't want him to be an adult.
Dumbledores death was very sad when they all held their wands up. X

Snape Dying and all the memory things.

So sad.

MortifiedAdams Mon 15-Apr-13 00:30:07

Saw the thread title and immediatley thought "Dobbys death"

Also thoight the bit when Hermione wiped her parents memories in the film was sad sorry to add the films into discussion

MajorDivvy Mon 15-Apr-13 00:52:17

Dobby's death was the saddest, though to me Fred Weesley's death was the most poignant - Fred and George had always been a double act throughout the books, never, (well hardly ever,) apart and then to have them separated so finally...... Very very clever writing IMHO.

sarahandemily Mon 15-Apr-13 00:59:05

The saddest bit of Harry potter is the fact that the books went so badly downhill after the goblet of fire. Should have kept them all short and sweet like number 1 instead of lurching about all over the place with no real story line like the deathly hallows. Still love the world and characters she created though and so wish I could have gone to Hogwarts instead of crappy local comp!

I agree with Dobby's death and when Harry asks everyone that has come from the resurrection stone to stay with him as he goes to face his death.

Smaller moments include Neville pocketing the bubble gum wrapper his mum gives him and Mrs Weasley seeing everyone dead when trying to get rid of the boggert.

acjfluff Mon 15-Apr-13 01:13:28

When Snape is dying and tells Harry to look at him. I always knew he was good sad

PseudoBadger Mon 15-Apr-13 01:34:43

'Always'....

ChinngisKhan Mon 15-Apr-13 04:23:48

"After all this time?"
"Always"

Welling up just thinking about it...

Chubfuddler Mon 15-Apr-13 04:34:37

Specifically Luna's little eulogy at dobby's grave.

Hedwig is a blow. I remember thinking oh god not the owl too.

But yes snape and "always"

For me it is always the bit where Kreacher leads the House Elves of Hogwarts into battle shouting "For Sir Regulus" - not sure why but it just makes me howl every time - there's a bit in one of the Dragnlance books that is very similar, when a troop of Gully Dwarves are basically stuck in the front line to be "battle fodder" because nobody cares about them and that has the same effect on me.
It's not so much the actual words and the scene itself, it's everything that underlies it, and what isn't said, as much as what is iykwim - it's quite hard to explain. It's like the one little scene evokes so much of everything that has happened on the way to that point and brings it all back at once and it's just so emotional <snivels a bit thinking about it> blush

tumbletumble Sat 27-Apr-13 07:51:17

Another vote for Snape and "always".

thistlelicker Sat 27-Apr-13 07:53:51

Ok I think I need a week off work and a Harry potter movie day!!!

Hermione wiping her parents' memories was really shocking to me, but I cried the most at Fred / George / Fred / George dying. And at Percy coming back.

GenghisCanDoHisOwnWashing Sat 27-Apr-13 07:57:44

Fred Weasley. Imagine George, Mr and Mrs Weasley, Ron, the Burrow with no Fred. Doesn't bear thinking about and is the reason I haven't been able to re-read the last book despite having flown through it the day it was released sad I was really angry with JK Rowling about that. Just one death too far. Now, of course, I've read The Casual Vacancy so have even more reason to dislike JKR.

<psssst, I still love you JKR>

heronsfly Sat 27-Apr-13 07:59:15

Sirius,because Harry hadn't known him long and he was the only person that was really 'his' and he had spent so long in Azkaban,and he was nice sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now