What books are you buying for Christmas and how old is the recipent?

(9 Posts)
crazygracieuk Thu 08-Nov-12 20:09:34

I'd love some inspiration for my 11 and 6 year old sons and 9 year old daughter.

11 year old has loved: Malorie Blackman, Wimpy Kid, David Walliams, Anthony Horowitz, Calvin and Hobbes

9 year old has loved: David Walliams, Judy Moody, Daisy and the Trouble With, some Jacqueline Wilson, Spy Dog, Lost Puppies/Kittens/Ponies

6 year old is Orange band and has read lots of Dr Seuss green back books and likes to listen to Roald Dahl, Horrid Henry, Guiness Book of Records

izzywizzyisbizzy Thu 08-Nov-12 20:11:05

Get thee to the Book People and look at their books, they are cheap and fantastic FESTIVE gives you % off and there is a free delivery code as well.

Sirzy Thu 08-Nov-12 20:11:13

I have got DS (3 next week) a collection of Harry and his bucketful of dinosaurs books (I love the book people!)

Stinkyfeet Thu 08-Nov-12 20:15:20

DS1 (9) - Horrible Histories - Horrible Christmas, Roald Dahl box set (about 12 books I think), Lego Annual and Where's Wally Annual

DS2 (6) - The Smelly Sprout, Horrid Henry Annual and Angry Birds Annual

SufferingLampreys Thu 08-Nov-12 20:18:27

Loads

Hobbit ds9
Land of green ginger ds 7
Box set Michael morpugo ds9
Sewing delights dn 13?

Are ones i can think of right now

Taffeta Sat 10-Nov-12 11:02:05

DD ( 6) Bewilderwood books, The Happy Prince, Just Imagine, Scooby Doo annual

DS ( 9) every football annual going, History of Barca, Football Records <spot the theme>, trying Silverfin ( Charlie Higson )

CarolynKnappShappey Sat 10-Nov-12 11:16:25

Guiness world records, Beano, Horrible Science / History annuals, new Wimpy Kid (8)
Young Bond, new Percy Jackson, Brilliant Book of Dr Who (10)

DuchessofMalfi Sat 10-Nov-12 17:33:42

DD (6) - Jacqueline Wilson's Four Children and It and maybe some more of the Enid Blyton Famous Five series which we're enjoying reading together.

GrrrArghZzzz Sat 10-Nov-12 18:16:36

I buy a lot of books for the holidays, I think:

DS1 (8):
Avatar the Last Airbender Comics: The Promise 1-3 and The Lost Adventures
Read Me and Laugh: A funny poem for every day of the year
The Lego Ideas Book
The Hobbit Annual (to celebrate him hopefully finishing The Hobbit this year).

DD1 (Almost 6):
Alexandra’s Scroll: The Story of the First Hannukah
Princeless Comics, Volume 1 [really good, would recommend for anyone, particularly girls, I think it would be fine for a 9 year old - I enjoyed it!]
The Pokemon Annual
Miss Zee Colouring Books
Goldilocks (Jump at the Sun)

DD2 (3)
Mirabelle and Maud
Pretend You’re a Cat
The Doctor Who Annual
Miss Zee Colouring Books
God Made the World (Jump at the Sun)

DS2 (Will be 1 - some may go for his birthday. He needed some not trashed board books as most of the others have already gone through 3...):
Global Babies
Cradle Me
Full, Full, Full of Love
I am God’s Paintbrush
Star Trek Book of Opposites
The Horrible Science Annual (They are buy 1 get the second for a pound so I had to buy an even number wink)

I also have bought A Life Like Mine: How Children Live Around the World, Children Just Like Me: A Unique Celebration of Children Around the World, Dr Seuss - Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are? and not decided who will get what yet blush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now