Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Should I report this childminder

(8 Posts)
fgr Mon 10-Feb-14 12:55:45

There is a childminder in my village who has never been particularly warm and engaging with her charges and was a few years ago reported to Ofsted. This morning I saw her struggling on some steps with a buggy and a toddler alongside and my friend asked her if she was ok and neefed a hand. Her answer was no its just f ing bollocking Monday and iv got these f ing bollocking kids. I know we have our off days but it can't be right speaking like that in front of the children can it? What would you do?

Only1scoop Mon 10-Feb-14 13:00:42

I'd want to know so I could remove my 'f'king B'locking' kid from her 'care' AS f'king AP
Just awfulhmm

Lucylouby Mon 10-Feb-14 13:00:53

She shouldn't be speaking like that in front of the children. I would go mad if she looked after my children and they learnt a new word like that in her 'care'. Id report her.

HSMMaCM Mon 10-Feb-14 13:33:05

You should report her, but sadly it probably won't make any difference.

I have off days sometimes, but I would never speak like that in front of the children.

I wonder why people that feel this way work with children hmm

Doonhamer Mon 10-Feb-14 13:36:04

I have been a CM on and off for 14 years and would never, no matter how bad a day I was having, use language like that in front of them

Supermum222 Mon 10-Feb-14 20:55:41

I would report her. No way would I let my children go to someone like that.

Forresitters Tue 11-Feb-14 14:01:32

If this were my child in the CM's care I would want to know. If you are aware of who the parents are then mention this to them. It is totally unacceptable to speak like that infront of children.
I have told off strangers for using inappropriate language when I have been walking with my mindees before!

CheesyBadger Fri 14-Feb-14 16:55:49

Definitely report her, please. This is not acceptable. Would you be ok with a teacher speaking like this? it's the same

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now