Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

childminder for a couple of hours on a Thursday afternoon - feasible?

(6 Posts)
milkyjo Mon 03-Feb-14 20:29:08

I used to work a Thursday night shift, getting home at 9:30 am on Friday. Currently on mat leave but my manager says I can't change days. I have other set shifts in the week whereby my kids are in a nursery, including Friday. Before I had dc2 I would get up on Thursday morning at half 7 then after lunch put DC to bed and also myself for a 1-2 hour nap which was just enough to get me through the 12 hour waking night shift and commute home on rush hour motorway. Now with two and the oldest doesn't nap anymore I don't think I can safely do this. I can't afford to reduce my hours and definitely can't afford an extra day or even half day in nursery. All I need is someone to have the kids for a couple of hours so I can sleep before the night shift. Would a childminder do this? Is it worth their while? How much would I be looking at if this is feasible? TIA.

I would but only because it would fit in around my current part timers. If you email around it is possible you could find someone.

Alternatively could you find a babysitter who will come to your house for that time?

superram Mon 03-Feb-14 20:36:46

I would too as long as you collected before school pick up.

Lucylouby Tue 04-Feb-14 13:44:34

I would do it if it fitted in with my current children and their hours. You need to ask childminders local to you and find out their availability.

LtGreggs Wed 05-Feb-14 11:52:38

If it's in your own home, I think you could find a babysitter to do it? Would widen your choice of people - could try and find eg a student from local college/uni studying childcare/teaching/social work.

wadi1983 Wed 05-Feb-14 12:55:31

Where r u based?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now