Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Anyone watch 'The 3 Day Nanny'?

(9 Posts)
fudgesmummy Sun 22-Sep-13 16:16:19

The family live in the same town as me!!! (don't recognize them though!)
I hated her voice and thought some of her ideas (letting the boys fight it out and weeing on the tree (wtf shock ) were just mad!

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 19-Sep-13 23:16:30

Wee tree teaches them to pee in public - in an emergency fine but with a toilet 30secs away why on earth would you allow this?

Food on plate looked too little. My 3yr charge would starve on that amount

hardboiledpossum Thu 19-Sep-13 21:36:25

I was a nanny before i had my own ds.

I liked the magic stones and i thought she was good with othermeal times.

I thought she was awful locking that boy in his room for 20 minutes. I didn't like the sleep training, i prefer more gentle methods. Letting them basically fight it out was bizarre and the opposite of what i would be doing. The peeing was weird.

Overall i disliked her and her methods.

IslaValargeone Thu 19-Sep-13 18:53:51

Didn't rate the wee tree idea, but thought she was pretty switched on with the rest of it.
I'd have had a bloody fit at the mother sabotaging the bed time routine in the way she did.

LingDiLong Thu 19-Sep-13 18:50:24

Oh I saw the wee tree, thought it was the most stupid idea ever and turned over!

nannynick Thu 19-Sep-13 17:51:34

Gave up after first 20 mins her voice annoyed me, wee tree in own garden!

Did it improve as it went along?

NomDeClavier Thu 19-Sep-13 16:59:26

She's a Norland Nanny but has worked for the last 6 years as a parenting consultant. She does seem much more focused on the parents' behaviour though.

rm00054 Thu 19-Sep-13 13:54:46

I thought that the nanny was a bit forceful and would've been kinder about it (but perhaps that's what those parents needed). I have definitely wanted to give parents this kind of advice before (but don't think that's my place as a nanny)!
I loved that she didn't really change the children at all, but focused on how the parents could do things differently which in turn changed the children's behaviour. I wouldn't say she's a nanny as such, but a parenting coach!

rm00054 Thu 19-Sep-13 13:53:29

It was on on Wednesday on 4 or E4 or something (I watched it on 4OD).
I'm interested to see what everyone thought of it. I wonder if parents and childcarers have a different view on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now