Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Christmas gift for childminder?

(6 Posts)
pebblepots Mon 16-Sep-13 19:57:15

I have a wonderful childminder who also has children of her own. Her kids spend ages playing with my dd too. I'm wondering what to get them for Christmas. I don't have masses of cash to spend but would like to show my appreciation. Thoughts so far are a family DVD for the kids, an extra day's pay or a m&s or shopping voucher for cm?

Also I will try to pick my dd up early on Xmas eve.

What would cm's out there like to receive? thanks

Maryann1975 Mon 16-Sep-13 21:23:53

As a cm, I would love an early finish. Last year, parent told me they would pick up early on last day before Christmas, told me and child it would be just after lunch. They ended up being later than normal having got side tracked by a friend in the coffee shop. An extra days pay would be fab but tbh, anything is a bonus and I am thankful for all gifts I'm given.
I've been bought ornaments (some to my taste, some not) a radley purse (which was lovely), garden vouchers (fine) smellies (generally not wanted, I'm a bit fussy about these) and then the general chocs and biscuits (always welcome) so really depends on cm and what they like. If your not sure, maybe best to stick to money/vouchers though.

pebblepots Tue 17-Sep-13 19:28:26

thanks for your response Maryann, I will definitely go for the lunchtime early finish then!

Saltire Wed 18-Sep-13 21:17:30

Last year I got a litre of vodka from one set of parents.

probably not helpful grin

pebblepots Fri 20-Sep-13 16:46:29

Crikey!

HSMMaCM Fri 20-Sep-13 17:16:31

Dreams of an extra days pay......

I get a mixture - wine, chocs, biscuits, art materials, smellies, etc.

One child has just left for school and her parents gave a bottle of white (for me), a bottle of red (for DH) and a box of chocs (for DD). It's nice that they recognised my whole family is affected by minding.

I am also happy with a kindly worded thank you note and would love to finish early on Christmas Eve smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now