Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

next steps in learning journey

(5 Posts)
Whatalotofpiffle Fri 14-Jun-13 20:57:06

I use an app called 2simple and add a next step under each observation. Eg read the Gruffalo today, child pointed out some letters
Next step - literacy activities involving number and letter recognition

I then go through files at the end of each month and use them to plan

HSMMaCM Thu 13-Jun-13 21:12:26

I include next steps on their assessments, which I do 3 times a year. I also occasionally jot more immediate next steps on their daily notes.

Keep it simple and include them on something you are already doing. Don't do something extra.

Brownowlahi Thu 13-Jun-13 21:08:20

I write the observation, followed by an assessment, including which age group they fall into with the eyfs, then write next steps under this. I keep thinking their has to be a clearer way to write it all out though.

Bonkerz Thu 13-Jun-13 20:46:58

I use a spider diagram with prime and specific areas and put next steps on there. This is updated each term.

topoftheladder Thu 13-Jun-13 20:45:45

How do you present them? At the moment i just link an observation to the eyfs then under write 'next steps' .... Just wondered if you have a clearer way of doing it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now