Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Emergency Contact

(3 Posts)
grabaspoon Sat 27-Apr-13 10:09:05

Thanks

I am the main emergency back up and then 3 other ladies that she knows/sees daily etc are listed together under a separate title. Will have to send her a quick email I think - I'm a nanny so feel a bit odd at being named; not sure what my boss would say - I know it's a 0.01% chance of being needed but again not even sure she has my contact details other than my email.

HSMMaCM Sat 27-Apr-13 07:34:54

She should have asked you first. If you don't want to be the contact tell her. She does not need a registered CM as an emergency backup ... it could be her next door neighbour.

grabaspoon Fri 26-Apr-13 23:15:12

I have just been made aware that I am listed as an emergency contact for a childminder that I know only by sight. Feel a bit unsure about this shouldn't it be someone she knows; not even sure she has my phone number hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now