This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Display board question - probably obvious to everyone else!

(10 Posts)
eeyore12 Fri 26-Apr-13 18:20:22

If you use your felt board idea you can get Velcro dots to stick on te pictures to hold them on.

insancerre Fri 26-Apr-13 17:48:36

Nurseries use backing paper to cover the display board and we stick the pictures to the board with either blu-tak or a wall stapler. Sometimes we laminate the pictures first as this protects them especially if they are displayed at the children's height (which Ofsted love to see). I prefer the wall stapler as it is easier to use and the children don't pick them off the wall and eat them like they do the blu-tak grin

ShiresCountryBumpkin Thu 25-Apr-13 21:44:27

You think I may be trying too hard?!
Love the picture pockets idea - very easy, and I can even bring it into our soft play area too. The washing line is cute too, we're just a bit short on space for one long enough to display stuff on.....I should have watched more blue peter!

lechatnoir Thu 25-Apr-13 21:30:39

Why not hang (high up out of reach wink) some string & fix pegs to clip artwork - nice & simple and handy for drying stuff too.

lechatnoir Thu 25-Apr-13 21:28:17

I have an over the door pocket display thingy which is in my hall but easy to remove once I've clocked off: www.urbangifts.co.uk/picture-pockets-allsorts.html & put photos, artwork, bits & bobs like flowers & leaves they've found. I also have some mini window suction hooks (ebay) I use occasionally - I print, laminate & punch a hole then hang any images or topic ideas I want to display.

I don't like fixing things on my walls and want to remove traces of work at the end of the week so these work well for me & Ofsted seemed happy with them.grin

ShiresCountryBumpkin Thu 25-Apr-13 21:27:32

Thanks for your replies.
HSMM, I don't think I would be happy using magnets, and i'm not techy enough for the laptop idea!
The ribbonboard idea is lovely, but was hoping for a very plain board that didn't overpower the childrens work - also, want something quite big to go out in the messy play shed. What do nurseries use?

Smartiepants79 Thu 25-Apr-13 21:11:39
nextphase Thu 25-Apr-13 21:11:11

what about a ribbon board?

HSMMaCM Thu 25-Apr-13 21:04:52

You could use a magnetic board, but magnets can be dangerous too ... likewise blue tac. My mindees take their artwork home and I display photos of it on a slideshow on the laptop, or TV.

ShiresCountryBumpkin Thu 25-Apr-13 20:58:43

I have just had my pre-reg inspection (scary but positive) and we discussed displaying childrens artwork, interests and thoughts and the inspector was really keen to see a few boards up. Not a problem, lovely idea but do I just buy a pin board - I mean, I don't want to use pins so what do people use? I was imagining making one with some felt over a wadded board, but just ant get my head round how to stick thing to it.....I expect that sounds really dense, but be fair, I've had a stressful week! What do you experienced minders use?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now