Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

How would you feel about a nanny wearing a bikini?

(41 Posts)
confusedalways Sat 23-Mar-13 23:17:39

Just that really. Would you find it inappropriate for a nanny to take the children swimming wearing a bikini rather than a swimming costume?

KobayashiMaru Sat 23-Mar-13 23:18:32

I can't imagine caring in the slightest. Why would you?

lisad123everybodydancenow Sat 23-Mar-13 23:18:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SavoyCabbage Sat 23-Mar-13 23:19:20

No. I don't think I would notice.

bruxeur Sat 23-Mar-13 23:20:29

Jealous much?

MirandaWest Sat 23-Mar-13 23:25:19

Are you the nanny?

NatashaBee Sat 23-Mar-13 23:26:15

It wouldn't even occur to me to care.

Thought you meant round the house. No, nanny swimming in an item of clothing designed for swimming, fine. Are you the nanny?

Rolf Sat 23-Mar-13 23:28:23

I had a nanny who used to wear a teeny weeny bikini when she took my boys swimming. DH and I thought it was quite funny (because a bikini isn't really part of my look so having a teeny bikini hanging up to dry in our house was a bit new). A number of friends who'd been swimming with their children at the same time, made a point of telling me that they'd seen the nanny with my boys and how lovely she was with them. No-one commented on the bikini smile

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Sat 23-Mar-13 23:31:10

If you are the nanny, am I (the theoretical parent) with you or not?
If not, then no not really, wear what you want.
If I am with you I may be a bit put out by your youthful figure in a bikini against all my fabby bits being held in by my hold-you-in cossie.

MajaBiene Sat 23-Mar-13 23:32:47

How would you even know?

So long as it is appropriate for a swimming pool and not so skimpy it gets them kicked out then I wouldn't care.

Love the idea of fabby bits

LadyWidmerpool Sat 23-Mar-13 23:36:25

If the nanny was male I would be a bit surprised, otherwise I couldn't summon much interest.

expatinscotland Sat 23-Mar-13 23:39:29

I can't say I would care. A bikini is a swimming costume, is it not?

OutragedFromLeeds Sat 23-Mar-13 23:40:02

grin this is my favourite thread title in this section in a really long time.

I don't think it matters as long as it reasonably covering.

I'm a nanny and there is one other nanny that we all hate going swimming with because she's got an amazing body and looks great in a bikini, while we're all in swim suits that practically go neck to ankle. It makes us jealous, but it doesn't effect how great she is at her job! blush grin

Sexy nannies are the best kind, no?

DoubleLifeIsALifeHalved Sat 23-Mar-13 23:47:34

Please say you aren't serious!

Let me shock you... My sons nanny wears a bikini, and looks great in it too smile

ChristineDaae Sat 23-Mar-13 23:57:00

I don't own a swimming costume, bikinis only! Wouldn't occur to me to be bothered by someone wearing one. Surely it's the nannies personal choice what swimwear to have??

confusedalways Sat 23-Mar-13 23:58:41

I'm the nanny. Didn't want to be to specific to start with. grin

I happened to mention in passing to friends that I wore a bikini and they seemed slightly shocked, so wanted to see other peoples opinions.

SW1XMother Sun 24-Mar-13 00:29:53

I wouldn't have a problem with it. When we go on holiday we take our nanny with us and she wears a bikini too. She has a great figure, I am not jealous as I am a size smaller than her BUT after my daughter pulled her top down in front of everybody she prefers to wear swimming suits now. smile

Startail Sun 24-Mar-13 00:35:38

Since the only Nanny as aboard to CM I've ever knowingly met was about 19. I wouldn't be surprised if a bikini was the only swim wear she owned.

I don't know, we used to keep each other company at soft play rather than the pool.

Startail Sun 24-Mar-13 00:36:11

As opposed

BabyFaker Sun 24-Mar-13 00:50:11

It would really piss me off because I am massive and fat and DP would probably want to go swimming too and lust after your hot bod

ZuleikaD Sun 24-Mar-13 06:13:58

I wore a bikini when swmming with the children - once - when I was nannying and got so many unpleasant vibes from the mother and so many inappropriate ones from the father and his brother that I didn't wear it again. Happily only a temp job!

mathanxiety Sun 24-Mar-13 06:16:54

If I wore a bikini it would be shocking [fabby bits don't you know] but I am sure it was lovely on you.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now