Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Holiday club safety concern

(3 Posts)
Sheen4272 Sat 16-Feb-13 19:37:05

Thanks Nannynick. They do come under Ofsted so hopefully they will take action following my complaint.

nannynick Fri 15-Feb-13 22:52:28

You have already contacted the manager so there may not be much more you can do. Facilities like that often do not fall under compulsory childcare regulation - sports activity, children over a certain age.

The supervisors and the manager are aware of the incident, so I do not know what further action you would want taken. With luck they will check the windows are shut, or maybe even find a different location to use.

Sheen4272 Fri 15-Feb-13 21:46:05

I picked my dd up from holiday club this afternoon - the club is part of a local sports centre. They were all in a room upstairs which has windows across the length of the room. When I arrived 4-5 children were playing unsupervised on gym mats underneath the windows one of which had been slid wide open. One of the children was leaning against the window sill next to the open window in addition to the others jumping on the mats. The windows are not high, waist high i would guess and I reckon very easy for the children to fall out off. I immediately pointed this out to the two supervisors on the other side of the room, one of which said 'oh that shouldn't be open'. I reported the incident to the manager who was very apologetic. Since then I can't help thinking how dangerous the situation was and am really not happy. What should I do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now