Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Would this seem a little patronising for my CM?

(26 Posts)
dribbleface Fri 15-Feb-13 11:02:12

The childminder I use for DS1 (4) is an absolute star, he loves her. I couldn't ask for anything more.

I got a small bonus from work. I would like to do the same for her as without her, and the secure knowledge that she is looking after him, I wouldn't be able to give 100% to work. He only goes after school 2 x a week.

We are struggling financially so unlikely to be able to afford more than £30-50, as although bonus was unexpected it is needed (IYSWIM)

Would you feel this was a bit patronising? Wish I could do more, she's worth her weight in gold (I do tell her this, provide references, got thank you cards, gifts at Xmas etc)

SouthernPolish Sat 23-Feb-13 22:01:19

Oooo how nice! What a lovely parent.
I'm a CM and personally I'd love a voucher for a local spa / beauty salon rather than chocs or wine.
Just find out what her 'thing' is and get voucher as appropriate!
:-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now