Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Childcare.co.uk

(8 Posts)
minderjinx Tue 05-Feb-13 13:54:59

Perhaps they are using the favorites facility as a bookmark in effect - for example if they have an interview lined up already but might get back to you if they don't like the first job or are not offered it.

iluvkids Tue 05-Feb-13 04:03:20

there is also a limit as to how many pro plus contact infos u can view in a day

nannynick Mon 04-Feb-13 22:44:20

As a paid member you can see Profile Plus - where they may have put their direct contact details, should you want to contact them that way.
Using the messaging system I think there is a limit to the number of messages you can send a day. Childcare.co.uk:Help says that you can request an increase in the limit by contacting childcare.co.uk staff, who will review your account before making a decision. I guess that is to help prevent someone sending a lot of messages in a short space of time.

NoMoreWineForMeThen Mon 04-Feb-13 22:39:38

Ah OK. I did pay the subscription fee so will send messages this evening.

Many thanks!

nannynick Mon 04-Feb-13 22:25:56

By adding you as a favourite I feel they are indicating that they wish for you to contact them. As the Employer, it would I feel be more for you to be the one paying for membership, rather than the job seekers.

squinker45 Mon 04-Feb-13 22:21:26

I think the site would be much better if it got its revenue from advertising rather than people looking for childcare

squinker45 Mon 04-Feb-13 22:20:15

They are hoping you have paid to be able to send messages, so that you will send them a message and they don't have to subscribe themselves. If they are adding you as a favourite they are definitely interested in the job, but it does seem a lot of money to be able to send a message - favouriting and viewing are used as it's the only free option available.

NoMoreWineForMeThen Mon 04-Feb-13 22:08:06

Is there an etiquette that I'm not aware of on the Childcare.co.uk website? We have an ad for a part time nanny running at the moment and there are a handful of Nannies that view my profile/requirements numerous times a day and some have added me as a favourite but they haven't sent me a message to let me know whether they are actually interested in the position.

Not sure I understand why I'm being added as a favourite by people who aren't applying for the job?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now