Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

ICO (data protection register) when no longer childminding?

(5 Posts)
looneytune Wed 06-Feb-13 11:02:06

Thanks Mr A, I won't loose any sleep over it wink. Mine is due for renewal on 14th March and I stop minding on 25th March so I'll just clear my laptop before then and not renew! smile

MrAnchovy Tue 05-Feb-13 09:31:53

Well in theory the requirement to register extends to personal data which is "recorded with the intention that it should be processed by means of" a computer, which probably includes an archive disk.

I wouldn't lose sleep over it though.

looneytune Tue 05-Feb-13 08:36:03

Great, I couldn't remember if it as just stuff on the computer. So if I transfer everything to disc and box that with the paper stuff and make sure my computer is clear of that stuff, I don't need to pay then? smile

MrAnchovy Mon 04-Feb-13 14:00:58

If you continue to keep "personal information" on a computer then yes you are still supposed to pay the same annual fee as a company turning over £25M.

However for a number of reasons it may be better to print out all the "personal information" and delete the computer records - if you still have your accounting records on computer that is fine as these do not normally contain "personal information".

looneytune Mon 04-Feb-13 13:23:01

Just a quicky. Once we stop childminding, we still have to keep a lot of records for a set number of years. Do we still need to pay our annual £35 to ICO for this? I just thought I'd ask on here in case anyone knows and can save me looking into it wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now