Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

'Temp' au pairs?

(4 Posts)
catepilarr Fri 18-Jan-13 14:04:06

there is always lots of aupairs looking for a summer position, so you can pick and choose whom you like ;) gumtree, greataupair, aupairworld, nannyjob are the sites to look at. the main hunt usually starts around mid april, buta few families like to look early, which the candidates like :D

yes - I did this when I was younger.

And we have had APs over teh summer, , although generally prefer a longer period.

Rhubarbgarden Fri 18-Jan-13 13:27:49

Yes. I've seen several looking for positions like that.

mummyofteens Fri 18-Jan-13 12:44:10

Does anyone think there is a market for au pairs to just cover the summer hols rather than commit to a whole year?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now