Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

bonus - daft question

(8 Posts)
iluvkids Sun 23-Dec-12 11:57:46

put it in her bank smile

i don't like talking money etc, and previous bosses avoid it, by slipping it in my bank n then sending me a text smile

andrea29 Sun 23-Dec-12 11:48:49

I don't know a single person who would say no to a bonus!!I think your nanny is mad! I received a very generous Christmas bonus from the family I work for and didn't feel embarrassed at all. I just said I really appreciate it.
As said above, put it in her bank account and text her. Trust me, she will be over the moon.

nannyof3 Sun 23-Dec-12 00:29:58

Put it in her bank then text and tell her

MarshmallowCupcake Mon 17-Dec-12 19:04:06

I got mine along with my Xmas gift last year, opened it when I got home. Maybe give your nannie her gift right before she leaves so there's no chance of her refusing. Ps....I think she's mad!

Taranta Mon 17-Dec-12 01:16:47

Yes, we do it all by the book, though I think she's only actually accepted extra payments once.
Thanks Callaird for the tip - hiding with present is a nice way, of doing it, will be giving present to at her end of her last working day before Christmas.

MrAnchovy Sun 16-Dec-12 23:31:03

Do you make the extra payments through payroll?

callaird Sun 16-Dec-12 21:35:53

I'm a nanny, I feel uncomfortable receiving cash. Vouchers are easier but I'm still not that happy about it.

I would put it inside the present you have bought her and tell her she is not allowed to open it until Christmas Day. Maybe inside a card telling her how much you appreciate everything she does for you and your child/ren! Difficult to say no to that!

Taranta Sun 16-Dec-12 21:28:06

We plan to give our lovely nanny a cash bonus, and a little present. Thing is, she has been very reluctant to take anything extra from us previously in terms of payment for extra babysitting etc, we practically have to plant money on her to get her to take her contractual payment for these things! I wonder how best to give her this gift that won't embarrass or offend her, but will endure she takes it ?! I can be horribly awkward about financial transactions blush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now