Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Nanny Appraisal

(6 Posts)
MarshmallowCupcake Wed 05-Dec-12 20:17:17

It's always good to get feedback, especially when it's good. Make it nice and relaxed but I agree with notachocolateraisin ;-)

NotAChocolateRaisin Wed 05-Dec-12 20:02:57

Just make sure when you mention setting up a time for an appraisal that you tell her that there's nothing negative else she'll be p*ssing herself beforehand!

OutragedFromLeeds Wed 05-Dec-12 18:58:45

I have a yearly appraisal and find it really useful, it is nice to hear you're appreciated. For me it's the only chance I get talk to both parents at the same time without the children there.

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 05-Dec-12 17:57:09

Ditto ebb smile

Ebb Wed 05-Dec-12 16:18:43

I think it's a good idea. Even if you don't have any complaints, it's always nice for your nanny to be told you think she's great and be given a chance to bring up any issues. smile

travellingtime Wed 05-Dec-12 15:31:59

Coming round to appraisal time at work again (sigh) and it got me to wondering whether I should be doing something like this with our nanny.
She's been with us 2 yrs and we have no real complaints, but I wonder if I should suggest a short meeting incase she has anything she wishes to raise.
We generally give a pay rise aroudn this time of year - the two sort of go hand in hand i think
What do others do ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now