Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Advice needed from fellow cm

(4 Posts)
Adviceinscotland Tue 04-Dec-12 20:32:21

If I did not take mindee I would not charge her for the rest off the week, I know it would be totally unfair to do anything else. I really do feel for her being ill when I am here to look after her dd but I'm also aware if I fall ill I will lose a lot more pay and I've no-one to help pregnant me look after my own dc.

Sorry I'm sounding really selfish here I don't mean to be. Will constant anti bac-ing and hand scrubbing help to keep the germs at bay?

lisa1968 Tue 04-Dec-12 20:27:53

Agree with lechatnoir-she's paying in full and if LO isn't ill you can't really say no......

lechatnoir Tue 04-Dec-12 20:25:53

I think as long as she isn't showing any signs of illness you can't really refuse as you're being paid.

Adviceinscotland Tue 04-Dec-12 20:22:22

Mindee was supposed to be with her mum all week as her mum is on annual leave.

Have had a message from mum saying she is floored with a d&v bug (mum not baby) so can she please put her dd in for the rest of the week.

Obviously I was/am still getting paid for the full week and the space is there but would you risk this?

I know it's decent of her to at least warn me the bug is going about and she has not lied and said she fancied a few days shopping or anything but I'm a bit worried about my family and other mindees catching it.

Then again perhaps mindee will escape what mum has and any off the other dc could pass something onto us instead.

What would you do?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now