Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

The NCMA keep phoning me! Anyone else?

(7 Posts)
poopnscoop Tue 27-Nov-12 11:46:34

Perhaps the views have been expressed but not published... isn't it heavily moderated??

Italiana Mon 26-Nov-12 22:41:53

Not much we can say that NCMA will listen to...it was a done deal as the widening was...waste of money doing all those surveys...they may just have gone ahead since they 'do not represent' our views!!

I think some c/ms are a bit more than upset...I saw some with steam coming out of their ears at our latest regional forum and the debate goes on in other forums...wonder why if so many are upset they have not expressed their views in Local?

Italiana Mon 26-Nov-12 22:35:37

Strange thing to ask about vacancies when NCMA has actually praised Maria Miller £2m grant to start 6,000 new businesses...in my area dozens of c/ms have vacancies so new comers would make the situation worse and take business from well established and experienced c/ms!
In addition Network c/ms get preferantial treatment and get texted/emailed when parents make an enquiry about places...which means non networks c/ms get few calls and have vacancies...not ideal.

I would love that call!!

Tanith Mon 26-Nov-12 22:34:53

Not a word said about rebranding, either grin
I think they've got wind of how upset a lot of childminders are: I understand there has been some lively debate in some regions.

Not ours. Dead as a dodo until tonight, ours was.

Tanith Mon 26-Nov-12 22:21:31

I've had one today. He's checking that we know about the vacancies site they've set up with iChild and that we know about the benefits and resources they're offering members.

Had a nice chat with him (but then, I do have DH working with me and he didn't ring at teatime smile).
He wanted to know about my insurance and I told him we went with Morton Michel because they'll guarantee fees in the case of non-payment. He told me that NCMA offer that service, too, which surprised me - I haven't checked it out yet.

I popped onto NCMA Local to have a play and there seems to have been a number of changes and member advantages introduced. There were a few other new joiners today, so guessing they're on a drive to promote the whole thing at the moment.

Italiana Mon 26-Nov-12 22:18:56

They may be running a telephone survey about rebranding!!!!...oooppps.... sorry couldn't help it!

Ring the helpline and ask for a name and the purpose of the call? seriously they may be doing some sort of survey...or maybe your m'ship is due?...they called me at 12pm with two children waiting for their lunch....wish they'd call me...sounds strange asking if you are Ok.....they are not going to call 37,000 cms and enquire about our wellbeing are they?

chocolateygoo Mon 26-Nov-12 20:47:27

In the last week I've had 4 calls from the NCMA, all at 5 - 6 pm when I am busy cooking or feeding little ones, so I don't answer it. Later when I check my voicemails there is a message from the same guy each time, asking if everything's going ok and if I need any help.

Am I getting special treatment or is anyone else being deluged with these calls?

Wish they'd just go away! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now