Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Emergency childcare in liverpool

(7 Posts)
HedgeHogGroup Thu 28-Mar-13 18:27:40

I can send you the details of my childminder. She's great and is part of a good network of other childminders - one of them would probably be able to help you.

EmergencyChildcare- i have just looked at your website and it states i need to be a member of PACEY....i am not.

I am ofsted registered etc etc etc

why do you require PACEY membership?

EmergencyChildcare Thu 28-Mar-13 13:39:06

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

flyingchick1 Fri 02-Nov-12 20:42:52

Thanks for the ideas ladies, Im having a look on childcare.co.uk now as I like the idea of having an'emergency list' for occasional days and it also lets me view their profiles as well

1StepFoward3StepsBack Fri 02-Nov-12 20:30:18

I wouldn't use Tinies in my experience they are crap. Was signed up as a nanny with them for 6monthd and they found me nothing. I know this probably isn't that helpful but just thought id tell you what I thought of tinies

WindyAnna Fri 02-Nov-12 20:20:04

Hello!

I have used Tinies for emergency childcare - they are expensive and don't always come up with the childcare. I have put in requests when I've had a nanny go on sick and contacted them and they haven't found anyone.

There is also emergencychildcare.co.uk which I have used - they have nannies, CMs and nurseries and have usually come up with something. You have to pay a subscription and a premium for the childcare you use as it is ad-hoc but it is better value than tinies and more reliable for very short notice.

Other ideas are to look for CMs, nannies or sitters on childcare.co.uk who are prepared to do occasional days and keep a list of them to call on when you need them.

Good luck in your search

Windy

flyingchick1 Fri 02-Nov-12 19:59:52

Just after some help really. I have a DS 14 months who is in nursery 3 days a week. Occasionally I have to work a day which is not one of these three days and OH is away quite frequently too so we are stuck for childcare as no family nearby.

Just wondering does anybody have any emergency childcare solutions that they use and can recommend?? Have found a nanny agency online (tinies) that has a northwest branch. Has anybody used them before and would you recommed them?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now