Potential live labour thread...ooo

(96 Posts)
HappyGoLuckyGirl Tue 11-Jun-13 23:09:28

I'm exactly 40 weeks today and had my first contraction at about 9pm this evening.

I wouldn't have normally thought I was in labour (lots of umming and ahhing over the past two weeks) but since my first pain I've been on the loo 4 times and its what I can only think of as a 'clear out'.

Contraction every 20-25 minutes, lasting around 20 seconds so think I'm in for a loooong night.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Mon 17-Jun-13 11:31:26

Thanks milkmonster. Getting stabby cervix pains on and off but no contractions or show sad

Good luck today Foxy, hope all goes well.

farmersdaughter Mon 17-Jun-13 18:42:20

Go Happy Go.....

lookingfoxy Mon 17-Jun-13 23:30:35

Thanks, had sweep today and was 3cm, very crampy tonight so have taken paracetamol and going to try to sleep, they will pop my waters on Friday if I'm not away by then .

HappyGoLuckyGirl Mon 17-Jun-13 23:32:58

Ooo, that's brilliant news!

You're almost in established labour, all without even noticing! well done grin

Exciting foxy! I bet your baby is here before Friday smile

lookingfoxy Tue 18-Jun-13 11:05:44

Hopefully! ! Getting crampy again and feel a bit strange so going for a wee nap to conserve energy.
How's it going happy? I've been getting stabby cervix pains as well, bet your not far behind!

HappyGoLuckyGirl Tue 18-Jun-13 16:30:42

Just the stabby cervix pains really, coupled with period pains.

Any news foxy?

lookingfoxy Tue 18-Jun-13 20:33:15

No news here, definitely sounds like early stage labour for you though.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Tue 18-Jun-13 23:39:10

I'm not convinced. They keep stopping and starting but without regularity sad

Got another sweep booked in for Thursday so hopefully m/w will tell me I've progressed a bit.

Assuming your sweep didn't work then?

lookingfoxy Wed 19-Jun-13 01:22:09

Guess not sad I also have another booked on thursday though so hoping that works before having to get waters broke on Friday.
So frustrating lol, I am taking some comfort that I am not alone.

HappyGoLuckyGirl Wed 19-Jun-13 11:14:59

I've got another on Thursday too! Fingers crossed for us both grin

HappyGoLuckyGirl Wed 19-Jun-13 11:17:08

I just realised I'd already told you about my sweep on Thursday...I'm tired, that's my excuse grin

MrsMargoLeadbetter Wed 19-Jun-13 11:57:03

Sorry to see you are both waiting. sad Have been watching this thread and hoping to see baby news.

Can I ask how painful your sweeps were? Will be 40+4 tomorrow, so think they might give me a sweep. Didn't have one last time.

DD was 84centile at last growth scan at 36 wks so don't want to go too far over in case she is a whopper!

Sending you positive birth vibes.

lookingfoxy Wed 19-Jun-13 12:11:30

Its baby brain happy lol.
My sweep wasn't painful at all, it was more the thought of what it is that had me squirming.
I'm a bit prudish and squemish tbh. It is different for everyone though, good luck.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Wed 19-Jun-13 12:52:43

Thanks looking. Good to hear.

Somebody in my husband's team (who has a number of dc) made a sort of speedy circular motion with her finger in the air whilst relaying info about her sweeps to him! Made my DH v squirmy confused

HappyGoLuckyGirl Wed 19-Jun-13 15:23:19

Haha, that made me grin Margo.

The sweep I had didn't bother me at all. No pain, just slightly uncomfortable.

Looks like we're all in the same boat. Boo!

I keep getting phone calls, text messages and fb messages "any news/have you had him/my god, you're still pregnant?"

AGHRRR angry angry I've taken to ignoring them, I don't care if it's rude, it's better than telling them to FO!

I've been ridiculously irritable the past two days, I woke up yesterday and just wanted to plant DP, poor bloke.

We need these babies out nowwww!

MrsMargoLeadbetter Wed 19-Jun-13 15:29:28

Thanks for the sweep info.

I know the messages are annoying but there is part of me that is so bored I am enjoying having some form of human contact! But yes, if we'd have had the baby we would have said!!!

I find waking up still pregnant the most depressing part of the day. I am hoping for a nighttime water breaking!

Start watching a box set?????

HappyGoLuckyGirl Wed 19-Jun-13 16:19:28

My standard reply now is "oh, he arrived a couple of days ago, we've just been keeping him in the sock drawer" grin

Think I might have to Margo, either that or plan a trip somewhere far away and forget my notes wink

lookingfoxy Wed 19-Jun-13 20:20:44

Looks like we've all got sweeps tomorrow ill be crossing my fingers for all of us.
I'm getting embarrassed by still being pregnant as i've been telling everyone 'any day now' forwhat seems like forever grin

MrsMargoLeadbetter Wed 19-Jun-13 20:48:40

Midwife fingers not to be crossed though grin

I know. It does feel like a bit of a "burden" - everybody's expectations. I know they are just interested/care etc.

I feel I look like a freak and about 10 months preggers!

Let's hope 1 of us gets going. Odds must be in favour of 1 out of 3 (I think) responding to a sweep!?@?

Labour vibes...labour vibes...labour vibes....

Good luck to the three of you! Will check back tomorrow hoping for news smile

HappyGoLuckyGirl Thu 20-Jun-13 08:46:40

Any news ladies? Oh dear, I'm turning into one of those annoying people! shock

I'm still very much pregnant sad even got DP to DTD last night, to no avail.

Sunday creeps ever closer! At least you don't have to wait much longer Foxy, they will break your waters tomorrow won't they?

Is having your waters broken a more natural way of induction than pessary/drip? And what I mean is does it hurt less grin

Heard lots of horror stories about induction. It's a lot more painful as the contractions come on full force straight away? eek.

lookingfoxy Thu 20-Jun-13 09:35:53

Leaving in 5 min for sweep I'm not holding out much hope of it working though.
Yes I think popping my waters is the least intrusive way of being induced. I don't know if it hurts less or not, a sweep was enough to set me off last time.
If contractions don't start after that though I think it moves on to other stuff though. (Scaredy cat face).
Well good luck hopefully one of us will have something positive to report.

lookingfoxy Thu 20-Jun-13 09:37:14

Whats dtd? Is it that thing that got us in in trouble in the first placen grin

MrsMargoLeadbetter Thu 20-Jun-13 11:54:17

Hi happy and looking sorry to hear nothing is occuring....

My sweep was really incomfortable but the consultant was great and carried on despite my cries! Poor ladies waiting outside!

Consultant said it is a 50% chance of success. I just googled and there does seem to be a balance of success vs no success stories.

He also put my mind at rest about baby's size, he said scans have a 20% error and that babies don't grow much in last few days etc.

Booked for an induction next Thurs.

Leaflet I have been given suggests they decide on seeing you which route to take; prostin, rupture or oxytocin.

How you both feeling about possible induction?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now