if your waters went during the night...

(31 Posts)
ditsydoll Thu 18-Apr-13 23:05:40

What the he'll would you do with your mattress? Lol I might invest in a waterproof sheet! Or maybe some bed pads haha

drjohnsonscat Sun 28-Apr-13 11:52:38

waters breaking in the bed is nothing compared to the vomit, wee and other horrors the DCs inflicted on the bed after birth....

A mattress topper has been essential in our house to catch all of the above.

cupcake78 Sun 28-Apr-13 19:59:38

You can get maternity absorbent sheets from boots or incontinence bed protectors. Put them under your sheets, in your car, on your sofa etc to try and minimise the damage.

If they aren't used on e baby had come they make great disposable changing mats or somewhere for nappy off time for baby!

aberjen Mon 29-Apr-13 02:59:57

Bought the same mattress protector as squidge and agree with her - not plasticky/rustly at all. In fact, really quite comfy!

nooka Mon 29-Apr-13 03:06:26

My waters broke when I was in bed with both my births, but not with a huge gush (with dd I leaked for three days before being induced and she didn't run out of fluid). dh sorted the mattress out, and we used it for another couple of years. Leaking milk was probably nastier in truth.

We've just bought a new mattress and its guarantee is only valid with a mattress protector. It was quite expensive but a world away from the old plastic sheets my mum used (comfy, soft, quiet and not too hot).

MrsEddChina Mon 29-Apr-13 03:57:55

Mine broke in bed at 5am. Had a maternity pad under the sheet, but didn't need it as my knickers contained it all! (Disclaimer - there wasn't loads, I don't have humongous nappy type knickers. --just old lady ones--)

GreatSoprendo Mon 29-Apr-13 04:01:08

I had a waterproof sheet but OH found it sweaty so used pampers bed mats grin Lucky I did as waters did break in bed, although a trickle more than a gush.

3 weeks later and I agree - milk leakage is far more of a problem. currently in bed feeding ds, with waterproof sheet back on the bed, lying on a towel with another towel wrapped round my torso shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now