My happy experience of induction to help anyone worrying!

(6 Posts)
birdofthenorth Thu 14-Mar-13 08:03:17

Likely to be induced at the end of the month and very grateful for this thread, thank you all!! Please keep the non-horror stories coming grin

Isandri Wed 13-Mar-13 11:53:25

I was induced too and it was a nice experience. Mine was in denmark so no gas and air but I got a walking epidural when the drip was attached. They turn off the epi when you reach 9cm in denmark but it was a nice experience and I'd do it all again.

Jemimapuddleduk Sun 10-Mar-13 08:23:20

Thanks too for your post stylostar. I am hoping for a straightforward and speedy induction like yours. Happy Mother's Day!

stylostar Sat 09-Mar-13 17:20:03

Some further words if reassurance... I was induced last week and found it a very positive, relaxed and controlled experience. I would definitely opt for induction again given the chance. My labour was only 5 hours and two women being induced at same time as me lasted 1 hr and 2.5 hrs, neither even reached the drip stage!! It was nowhere near as painful as expected- highly recommend diamorphine and gas. I was against it at first as many peple say you feel 'out of it ' but I didn't. It just helps you feel in control of the pain!

Not sure if that helps you Jemima but I know induction stories are usually negative! Just remember it does end and the sheer relief and mental high immediately afterwards is amazing... Good luck xx

Jemimapuddleduk Sat 09-Mar-13 11:29:39

Thank you hopskipper. A v timely post for me as I am being induced a week on Tuesday. That is v reassuring to hear.

Hopskipper Sat 09-Mar-13 11:24:31

Hi all,
I know that obviouly everyones experience in labour is different but I would just like to say that I was induced with my first baby (now 10) and as it was such a peaceful birth, it was a steady, calm affair.
With no 2 baby, the midwife told me to get changed and get into bed and go to sleep and sent my husband home. I was 2-3cm dilated and luckily for me a doctor saw that I could barely get into a nightdress through pain and made them take me to the labour ward where no 2 was born 2 hours later. I was so happy when I got that gas and air, lol but my message is with being induced, its annoying as you are stuck in hospital but I was monitored and it felt like a nice slow climb to the birth so I hope that this helps someone x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now