C-section / early baby

(8 Posts)
Ellypoo Sat 16-Feb-13 09:02:04

Def something for constipation; lavender & tea tree oils for baths when home. Was she planning a c-section anyway? If not, then huge knickers (if you are close friends) and some over bump leggings/pj bottoms.

MyDarlingClementine Thu 14-Feb-13 10:20:21
MyDarlingClementine Thu 14-Feb-13 10:20:03

sryrup of figs for constipation, a v pillow if she hasnt got one, and one of these - http://www.ebay.co.uk/ctg/Arms-Reach-Co-Sleeper-Bassinet-/98977482

Strix Wed 13-Feb-13 12:55:40

Oh, I know, encourage her to get them to up the dose of thepain killers. That way she will get to go home with more of them. grin

Strix Wed 13-Feb-13 12:54:53

Oh, a sling that keeps baby tocked up (like a hammock) is better than one where the little feet dangle down and kick your scar (ouch).

Strix Wed 13-Feb-13 12:53:36

You are suppose to start taking arnica before the section so you might be a bit late on this one.

I have had 3 sections. Had this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Gro-Company-7992001-Caesarean/dp/B000VPH2PK) for the last one, and it was fab.

QTPie Wed 13-Feb-13 12:46:09

Hi

Yes, Arnica (little tablets) are supposed to help a lot after a section. Not supposed to put anything on the wound (no oils etc).

Maybe take them a nice homemade meal (if you know what they like and you are a good cook) - lasagne, cottage pie...

Some really nice chocolates smile

squidkid Wed 13-Feb-13 08:57:08

A friend of mine's wife has just had a section at 34 weeks and am going to see her at the weekend. After giving birth myself I've really enjoyed putting together little post-natal "care packages" for people - arnica, lavender oil, etc

Is there anything that people have found particularly good or useful after a section or for a little baby? (4lb I think he is) I was thinking some tiny babygros but not sure whether arnica etc helpful after a section.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now