Topless man safe for child to see?

(9 Posts)
dberry Mon 20-Jan-14 22:06:16

This Youtube comedy clip is quite safe but I'm just wondering whether it is OK to show to a young child, as there is a scene in it where a man takes his top off?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAvCURGQO3s

CouthyMow Mon 20-Jan-14 22:45:43

They'd see topless men in my local shop, in the park and on the school run in the summer. Depends how much below a 6-pack you can see.

<<Goes to check link, for research purposes only...>>

CouthyMow Mon 20-Jan-14 22:47:38

Dammit! Says it's not available in this Country. I fear that may be to do with the fact that I'm on an iPad.

I doubt it is an issue. Topless woman might be, topless man, nope, not while it's legal for them to have their tops off walking down the street...

MultipleMama Sun 16-Feb-14 10:32:40

My kids see topless men everytime they go swimming - which sometimes isn't a pleasent sight! grin And like CouthyMow said, it happens a lot in warm/hot weather. You cannot always avoid it.

As long as he's doing nothing inappropriate, I don't see the harm.

My dad is Russian and sent me a link to the C4 olympic advert because he found it funny. The DC heard the song playing and wanted to see. I saw no problem with, they are probably scarred by the choice of styling though! grin

MultipleMama Sun 16-Feb-14 10:36:05

Also, my eldest is 5yo and he now runs around the house singing "gay mountain" in his undies. video proof for his 16th b.day grin

peggyundercrackers Sun 16-Feb-14 11:00:04

dont children see their dads with their tops off nowadays?

MultipleMama Sun 16-Feb-14 11:40:34

peggy - my thoughts exactly.

ISeeYouShiverWithAntici Sun 16-Feb-14 11:42:51

A man's chest isn't seen in the same way as a woman's chest. If your kids go swimming they'll see men in trunks. If they go to the beach they'll see that too.

They may even get treated to the sight of it round town on a warm day grin

It appears that the only chests that are apparently 'unsafe' to be seen are the bumpy ones that sometimes squirt milk.

MultipleMama Sun 16-Feb-14 13:18:26

Iseeyou It's funny how they're perceived different isn't it?

Any there are children who grow up in a naturist community and are just as safe/unsafe as every other child. You can't protect them from everything; you just have to teach the difference.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now