is Roblox safe for under 12s?

(12 Posts)
Robloxkid Thu 24-Jul-14 05:49:34

Oh and by the way roblox is WAY better than online Lego

Lol

Robloxkid Thu 24-Jul-14 05:43:20

Hey just to let you know roblox will never get rid of ALL of the 'sick' people or kids out there.Kids in roblox or said to be can commonly say mean or innapropriate things especially in front of other kids that are young.Me?I report them immediately.Roblox isn't life free.Its life.Now as long as your child gives their real age which is under 13 then they should only be able to talk to people who are or claim to be their age range.under 13.I have to warn you many adults may play roblox and lie about their age.Dont get me wrong roblox is a very fun creative and great place.Definitley a very nice website and sometimes even educating.Because of my comments please do not take your child off roblox.Just watch them play or better yet make a roblox account yourself!That way you can spend time with your child and monitor them!hey my mom does that with me!So just to let you know roblox isn't a fairyland but it is a great place.So don't lean so much on the negatives and go right on through with the positives!thx so much for listening.

poodiepie Thu 20-Mar-14 06:52:09

They were all Ip Banned so no more bullies to bully everyone and all the tobacco ads were deleted and their creators banned. The ODers (Online Daters) were also banned. ROBLOX is, always has been, and always will be kid friendly.

tehtoby900 Sun 29-Sep-13 19:42:11

There are a lot of bullys on ROBLOX

iChaz Wed 19-Jun-13 22:05:11

I have been an avid member of the community since 2008, I am now 15 and still play. I have had a few issues with other kids being immature on the sight but now under 12's have a whitlelisted chat that only allows certain words through. This works well. Roblox has a strict anti dating policy as well. Encourage your child to create and script games IN STUDIO and learn about the community.

If you have any issues whilst on the sight you can message "alexdacool300" for some help.

Roblox is a fun and educational game overall. Definately worth playing.

By the way if your child asks for builders club, tell them to make a game that gets 10000 visits first. A difficult achievement that shows they are learning something.

Sarniagirl Sun 13-Jan-13 16:21:27

And you get a free one month trial...

Sarniagirl Sun 13-Jan-13 16:21:10

My boys age 7 and 11 like Roblox - never had any problems. Titchy - google 'timesupkidz', one of the best £20 we have spent. Enables you to control how much your children spend on the computer each day and when they have access to it. Has solved all our computer time issues. A one off payment can be used for more than one child. Love it!

titchy Fri 04-Jan-13 11:27:36

Yes it's fine. Never had any problems with it - and they do respond quickly if you have any issues. Ds rather stupidly gave someone his security details and promptly found all his bought stuff had been stolen. The user responsible was banned as soon as ds reported it, and they reimbursed all his stolen stuff within a couple of days.

Bit of a bugger to get him off it though....

biro196 Fri 04-Jan-13 11:17:16

my DS1 has asked to set up a Direct Debit to pay for etra things on this site - i tried in the past to delete it off his computer but it was buried so deep in the programming i could never get rid of it - this really brings up alarm bells for me so i am really unsure about sending regular money - does anyone have any experience of this company/site?

AugustMoon Thu 23-Aug-12 13:12:55

I've just asked them what they do on it:
'We build houses, we blow up houses, we kill people for money' shock
How does that work?
'You find a game where you get something like a gun or something and then you hit the other person, who are like Lego people, and they sort of fall apart then you get money so you can fly or jump over walls'

AugustMoon Thu 23-Aug-12 13:08:05

My 5 year old has started to play it having seen his brother, 9, play so I hope so! I thought it was just a bit like online lego...?
Only thing I say is for them to ignore any links, to press escape if anything pops up and they have good parental controls and browser security in place.
Will watch with interest though as I've heard DS1 'meeting' his friends on the site / on different games. confused

whatintheworld Mon 30-Jul-12 22:07:06

does anyone have any experience of this website?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now