YouTube iPhone parental controls?

(9 Posts)
Sprogtube Wed 23-Jul-14 00:14:38

Introducing www.sprogtube.com - children friendly YouTube videos!

My son goes on YouTube, as most 8 year old boys do. His favorite is Stampy the Cat, who is a youtuber who has realised children are content consumers and deserve a safe space without bad language etc. My son and I went about building sprogtube.com, a website that collects the wealth of children friendly videos from YouTube. My son and his friends enjoy Sprogtube and we thought you might find it useful as well. Feedback is very welcome

beeline Sat 03-Nov-12 17:38:01

Absolutely Furious... dd and myself watched Robbie Williams performing Candy on Graham Norton Live (iplayer) just now and she asked to see another of his songs.

I had great memories of Rock DJ having done up a house in Chelsea with brickies dancing around to it in the garden so pulled it up on You Tube - video as I remembered until the last two minutes when there was a gothic horror moment with blood and intravenous veins etc. She is 7 and has gone into a seriously horrible moment, as have I frankly - this is a guy who has just had a baby.. and preaching of the wonderhood of being a Daddy, sorry speachless and also want to know when they added that bit as in all knowledge and mums everywhere hopefully will understand if you have seen the video and know it is ok you don't expect 'additions'.

Kellamity Thu 01-Mar-12 21:06:26

OK if you go into settings - general - restrictions you can turn on a few bits and bobs that will help there.

Kellamity Thu 01-Mar-12 20:59:37

Hang on I'll have a look at mine and see where I found it smile

VickityBoo Wed 29-Feb-12 17:09:32

I can't find a settings option in YouTube...am I just not seeing it? I don't have the latest iPhone I have the 3Gs

Kellamity Wed 29-Feb-12 16:35:00

Yes I think if you go into settings there are some parental controls and age appropriate controls you can enable for you tube (e.g. can only access U films/footage)

VickityBoo Wed 29-Feb-12 16:32:23

My daughter is just 3 so I do tend to be around when she's using it, I just don't want her tapping something she shouldn't. It's my iPhone so I don't want to disable the app as I use it myself for tutorials and things.

HarryRedknappsDog Wed 29-Feb-12 16:30:51

I disabled YouTube and Safari on my DD's iPod touch, and just don't let her use YouTube on my iPhone. For me it's just too risky.

VickityBoo Wed 29-Feb-12 16:28:22

My daughter sometimes likes YouTube for Dora, Mickey Mouse etc but I don't like the idea of it suggesting inappropriate videos.

Is there a way to block them? Couldn't find a solution via google.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now