Ford - windows open by themselves

(6 Posts)
goingmadinthecountry Thu 07-Nov-13 21:27:59

Thanks, pretty sure I didn't but will be very careful in the future. Didn't realise it did that. I think the visibility issue is because I'm tall. Never had the problem before with my lovely old Grand Voyager, my old Golf, any car of dh's or the micra or MX5 I currently also drive on a regular basis. Oh well, just not the car for me.

SoupDragon Wed 06-Nov-13 10:48:42

3-4 seconds is how long you have to hold the unlock button down for. I've just checked smile

SoupDragon Wed 06-Nov-13 10:47:05

I love my S-Max BTW. Visibility is no worse than in any other car I've driven. (apart from out of the "privacy glass" in the back at night but that's s not the car's fault!)

SoupDragon Wed 06-Nov-13 10:46:00

If you press and hold the unlock button, all the windows open. I imagine it is possible you/someone has done this by accident (sitting on the fob for example)

tedmundo Wed 06-Nov-13 10:39:23

Firstly, you hate your s-max?? poor visibility?? Try a honda accord and then you'll know the misery that is guessing your way out of junctions!

Anyway, we have a lovely, lovely s max and there is a setting on the key fob that when you unlock the car you can press something twice, or press and hold it, or something that makes all the windows go down. DH does it on hot days just before we get in the car to cool it a bit.

I am sorry I don't know the actual key fob buttons to press but I would guess this is what has happened. Have a quick google and I bet it is easily explained!

now, go and give your s max a pat and say sorry. smile

goingmadinthecountry Tue 05-Nov-13 21:31:22

I have a Ford S Max - hate it and would never have another one due to awful visibility but am stuck sadly - left for work yesterday and all windows were open. I know they were closed when I came home the night before as it was pouring down. Also, was raining yesterday morning but seats were not wet so the windows hadn't been open long. Anyone else had the same or similar? I thought the same happened in summer but as it was hot couldn't rule out dh opening windows for air. Definitely not the case this time.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now