Help! Which one do I go for? Please talk some sense into me.

(6 Posts)
SweetApril Thu 19-Sep-13 21:06:50

Thanks, all. Three votes for silver. The purchase has been made!

weddingballs Thu 19-Sep-13 19:07:35

Silver. It only takes a bit of dirt for black cars to look filthy

WMittens Thu 19-Sep-13 19:03:40

Same model, same spec, same price, same colour desirability (or lack thereof): go for the one with fewer miles and more warranty, simples.

SweetApril Thu 19-Sep-13 12:48:33

Oh, no, FeetUp, that's bad news for you. One vote for silver then.

FeetUpUntilChristmas Thu 19-Sep-13 12:41:08

Silver, if you go Black it is bound to have a problem in the 3 months after the warranty expires if your luck us liked mine

SweetApril Thu 19-Sep-13 12:27:23

Right, I'm buying a nearly-new 7-seater MPV. Been waiting bloody ages a while to get the colour I really want but can't find one so I've had to resort to making a choice between two boring colours - black or silver. When we started looking DP and I said only colours we DIDN'T want were, guess what, black or silver.

Black is marginally better because we've had silver for the last five years. We got it because we needed it in a hurry and that was what they had but we were bored with it from day one. Both cars are the same price and spec. But the black one has 4K more miles on the clock is three months older and therefore three months less warranty.

My heart says black (looks smart and glossy and a bit less boring), my head says silver (newer, less miles, shows the dirt less). Can I add that if I had my way I'd have something bright and jolly like yellow or Kermit green but it seems that driving a car like this means I am relegated to Dullsville. No offence whatsover to those of you who love your black and silver cars! Please help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now