Three under 18 months - in WhatCar?

(4 Posts)
jb5000 Fri 02-Aug-13 09:50:02

We took a C-Max for a testdrive to the local Halfords - seemed like the only way to be sure - and it doesn't fit three toddler across the back. Have done a bit more research and found that the Renault Kangoo, Citreon Berlingo and Peugeot Teepee do the job with ease. I really like the look of an S-Max but we're looking for something as small as possible (!)

FieryChipotle Mon 29-Jul-13 11:13:21

I am in a similar situation to you (although my twins have been born!) and I have a Ford S-Max. Three individual seats in the back (plus the two 'bonus' ones in the 'back-back') and plenty of room for my double baby jogger!

AlexMumsnetCars (MNHQ) Mon 29-Jul-13 11:04:15

Hi there, jb5000. It might help if you could give us an idea of your budget, particularly as you might get different answers depending on whether you're planning to buy a new car, a used car with only one or two previous owners, or anything that will go from A to B without breaking down and has room for your children's car seats across the back. In the meantime, you can read Mumsnet Cars' review of the current-model Ford C-Max here.

jb5000 Thu 25-Jul-13 22:16:23

Hello,

We've just found out that we have twins on the way. We've just started looking for a car that will be able to carry the five of us around and I wonder if anyone here has had to look for something similar.

Our first will be 17 months old when they are due and has just moved in to a forward-facing seat (a Maxi-Cosi Priori SPS) and out of a rear-facing seat (a Maxi-Cosi Cabriofix).

We'd like something that we can both sit in the front of with the kids in the back, and not too massive. The Ford C-Max looks like the kind of thing, but will we able to get three car seats in the back? And what about Isofix?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now